Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz

Foxconn ELA LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

2x G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB

SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R DVD Burner

PNY VCQFX370-PCIE-PB Quadro FX370 256MB Workstation Video Card

Rosewill R5717 BK Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 450W Power Supply

Total - $575.92

Now, I went with a slightly slower CPU which saved you $20. If you need any more speed out of it, the motherboard I selected can easily overclock it. I selected a larger drive for around the same price as a 500GB as doing CAD work is going to need some space to roam. Got you a better quality case/PSU combo in the Rosewill unit. 8GB of memory as those types of programs are going to need as much as possible. Most importantly, I selected the PNY Quadro FX370 video card as doing CAD work will require a precise rendering card designed for those types of uses.

:D

thanks for the help im not a fan of acer i just feel like they are a cheap brand i mean do you think they are worth it though? also I have a question I was told that if I was thinking about getting such products and for such use that I might want to just go with an AMD CPU instead of an INTEL what do you think about that.

We have two Acer monitors here. They are both very good monitors with great image quality.

You could go with an AMD quad core setup, but it will be a bit more expensive.

after looking this was my guess for AMD

CPU(AMD) : AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor
Motherboard(AMD): ECS BLACK SERIES GF8200A (V1.0) AM2+/AM3 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

now also what is ur opinion on AMD vs Intel do you have a preference

my os is already vista until the new 7 comes out

Great CPU, not so great motherboard. I would suggest something with an AMD 790 chipset. Like this: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P.

You could just swap out the Intel CPU/mobo for the AMD CPU/mobo in the build I posted. Everything else is compatible.

Personally, I prefer AMD CPUs. They fairly inexpensive compared to their Intel counterparts and they have always performed well for me.

oh also since im stayin in a dorm i also want to have a tv tuner on it lol i kno this adds to complexity do u think though it is asking for to much if so its not a big deal but i was wonderin would that be possible

also would it be better to go with ddr3 ram or ddr2 ram n is the different in price worth it?

there will be a lot of stuff saved on this because i will also be downloading and saving class videos which are around 650 MB each so would a second hard drive to store this stuff be a good idea?

for that board u can only go ddr2 RAM....ddr3 isnt always compatible

yeah, u can always add another drive for storage (like a 320gb main drive, then a 1tb drive for storage)

Back
Top Bottom