First computer build please help

edgab2020

Solid State Member
Hey guys I am building my first computer. It is a desktop and will be my main computer for school. I am an engineer and need to be able to do a lot of CAD work.

Here are the components so far I hae decided on please tell me what you think:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
- ASUS P5E Deluxe LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard
- OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1200 (PC2 9600) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P1200LV4GK
- Western Digital RE3 WD5002ABYS-01B1B0 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive
- SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 22X DVD±R DVD Burner
- Linkworld 72522-2228U+P04 Black/Silver ATX Tower Computer Case430W Power Supply

Thank you guys so much for the help. This is very important to me so thank you guys again, and if there is everything you think that needs to be changed please let me know. THank you guys again I appreciate it.

That's not a bad list. Everything looks compatible. What are you doing for a video card? What's your budget looking like for this build?

im not up on all the dual monitor stuff, so don't ask me....

what is your budget for a graphics card, because if u want to dual monitor u will need a good gpu.....

also, what is your overall budget

That's not a bad list. Everything looks compatible. What are you doing for a video card? What's your budget looking like for this build?

I completely forgot a Video Card I thought about it but did not make the connection lol. However I want a TV Tuner with it is there any reccomendations for this.

As far as a budget I want it as cheap as I can but also I want to make sure it can do watever i need it to for as long as possible and still be competitive with brands that will come out in the future.

I am going to be doing CAD work for a long time I realize due to when I get into the work world and also on own projects for myself so this will need to be able to understand these as well as be able to do algorithms and mathematicial equations in MatLab so those are my focuses if it helps at all.

I mean I would like it to be as cheap as possible these are what I found that look like the charecteristics I would need for it to be able to do everything I want it to do. So if you think any component can be cheaper or anything like that while still doing everything needed to run a dual monitor with engineering/bussiness capabilities I would gladly consider.

My budget though I would like to max out at 1000 and again that is the max for everything but like everyone the cheaper the better because I still need to buy a new laptop since mine decided to break on me today which isnt helping this cost at all.

alright....so a MAX of 1000.... and u need dual monitors?

i would say at least a core 216 card....but i mean, the other guys here know more than i do :\

alright i will look into that thank u very much for the help and please anyone else who has ideas or advice id gladly listen thankk u guys.

Back
Top Bottom