Need to clarify something please!

Ace786

Beta member
I got windows Vista Basic laptop on Wednesday. But for some reason or another at times when im not even downloading anything my hard disk space memory goes down.Then i was asked to Right click my computer and choose manage under storage click disk management and print screen it and show it to them which i did, and they said something is wrong.There is a very strange partition on there that has no file system allocated, not to mention the drive letter "S" has been wrongly allocated as well

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/17972975.jpg/ here is the link to my disk management what is your opinion on it? is it concerning one?

Please let me know asap so i can take it back and fix it tomorrow.

Thanks!

Well if you didnt partition it and it wasn't there to begin with then yes that is a problem.

Who is the "they" you are referring to?

Is your Wireless connection secured?

it's been there from start i asked people from freepchelp.co.uk and my wireless is secures yes.

Did you buy this brand new or used?

I really don't see how just having it partitioned would be causing you to lose memory anyways though.

Now when you say that it is losing hard disk space how much space are we talking about here?

Is it just a little bit or are you losing a lot?

If it is only small amounts it could be from temp folders, cookies, and other things like that or also updates that microsoft has sent through.

Do you know whether or not Vista's SP2 was already installed on the computer when you purchased it because if not it would have updated that automatically and that was a pretty large update.

Do you run any cleaning programs such as Ccleaner or anything like that? Have you also ran Disk cleanup to see if you can clear out some room?

Did you buy this brand new or used? New got it on 17th this month

I really don't see how just having it partitioned would be causing you to lose memory anyways though.

Now when you say that it is losing hard disk space how much space are we talking about here? well earlier in the day it was 95 gb now it's 92.7gb though have lost quite alot before it got to 95gb maybe because of vista updates.

Is it just a little bit or are you losing a lot? not huge amount but it is worrying

If it is only small amounts it could be from temp folders, cookies, and other things like that or also updates that microsoft has sent through.

Do you know whether or not Vista's SP2 was already installed on the computer when you purchased it because if not it would have updated that automatically and that was a pretty large update. SP2 was updated by me through windows update.

Do you run any cleaning programs such as Ccleaner or anything like that? Have you also ran Disk cleanup to see if you can clear out some room?

i don't use ccleaner and yes ran disk cleanup alot of times.

Back
Top Bottom