Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

And I know the cd prices are just because everyone wants to make their cut and the artists want to make more more more money. Pretty dumb considering that most of the new music out there today sucks.

This. I'd be willing to bet if you cut prices their profit will increase.

They don't seem to understand that premise though. The more the product price goes up, the less people that will buy it. They'll get some profit but not as much.

Lower the price however, and low and behold, you get more people buying it, because its cheaper, and yet, they end up making more of a overall profit.

This. I'd be willing to bet if you cut prices their profit will increase.

They don't seem to understand that premise though. The more the product price goes up, the less people that will buy it. They'll get some profit but not as much.

Lower the price however, and low and behold, you get more people buying it, because its cheaper, and yet, they end up making more of a overall profit.
It's all about greed, there are a lot of people in this world who are greedy. Greedy production companies, greedy musicians, greedy music stores, greedy software companies......

True, but don't they realise that they could make more of a profit overall by dropping the price?

£1000 (an example) - a few companies buy it, only a few people in homes by it - £6,000 profit.

£500 - loads more companies buy it, and loads more people in homes buy it - £25,000 profit (an example of an amount)

Its mad.

I agree and I disagree. Sure if they lower the retail cost of music their sales will increase a bit, not alot. Why? because people can still get it for free off the internet. So now you have cheaper music, small increase in sales which in the end equals less profit for all.

The only way to fix this is to stop illegal downloads and we all know that will NEVER happen.

That woman was given the option to settle for $3K but she refused so I have not sympathy for her + she shouldn't have been downloading illegal.

I heard she had shared the songs 75,000 times on via torrents, the prosecutors only needed to go for 24 songs to get a massive fine

That woman was given the option to settle for $3K but she refused so I have not sympathy for her + she shouldn't have been downloading illegal.

I heard she had shared the songs 75,000 times on via torrents, the prosecutors only needed to go for 24 songs to get a massive fine

That is where you get in trouble. When you share with other people.
Most people don't get in trouble if they are only downloading.

I agree and I disagree. Sure if they lower the retail cost of music their sales will increase a bit, not alot. Why? because people can still get it for free off the internet. So now you have cheaper music, small increase in sales which in the end equals less profit for all.

The only way to fix this is to stop illegal downloads and we all know that will NEVER happen.

Yeah, no matter how small the cost is, if someone can still get something for free they will.

The Price of CDs/DVDs cannot go alot lower than they currently are. When you consider sales tax, the retailers share, shipping, producing the movie etc only a small percentage remains.

Back
Top Bottom