Quick!!! Install PG2 and delete napster!!!

HOLY CRAP...

1.92 mill for 24 songs that is just absurd. I wonder how many of those people on the jury have children that download songs from the internet. I hope one of their children gets caught and prosecuted and is forced to pay an amount like that and since they are minors the judgement falls on them and see how they feel about that. I don't understand how they can justify that amount for a person who had just 24 songs. I have friends who have THOUSANDS of songs they got off P2P sites. I couldn't imagine what their fine would be:D:D

The thing is How is this lady really supposed to pay almost 2 million dollars to these people. The gov't is worried about the unemployment rate and people losing their homes and such but are allowing crap like this to go on. Glad to see that our legal system works just as good as the Gov't spending programs do.

The sad thing about this whole thing is In the last week I have seen on the news Donte Stallworth get 30 days in jail and 10 years probation for KILLING someone while driving drunk, Some Asshole who raped an 8 year old girl get a month in jail, and 2 boys who beat up a hispanic kid and then put a noose around his neck and dragged him (didn't kill him) only recieve 10 days in jail. Yet if you download 24 songs on the internet THROW THE BOOK AT EM... God the more I watch and hear news The more I really want to Get out of America. This country is so ass backwards now and nobody even cares anymore.

I remember reading this a couple days back. I think that's ridiculous, another reason why I prefer DDL than P2P.
How do they expect people to pay? unless it was some kind of scam trying to scare P2P users.

Direct Download. Since I have been told the people that has been caught are by uploading. With DDL, I don't have to upload.

so can they only catch you, if your uploading. I remember my friend was an idiot. Tried to download Angels and Demons. First of all he's an idiot because i told him that they monitor majority of the ones that are still in theaters. But he said it was because something about hash marks or something of that nature.

"The recording industry has blamed online piracy for declines in music sales, although other factors include the rise of legal music sales online, which emphasize buying individual tracks rather than full albums."

So something that is legal is hurting the industry now?

Its impossible to count how many people download songs off I-Tunes, etc. It seems, all that is counted are album/single sales in shops, and since downloading has took off, and they aren't counting the effects...what do they expect to find? Of course, sales in the traditional buy methods would have dropped. Duh...

That's why I don't use p2p programs anymore. I used to use programs like Napster, Kazaa and Ares a lot.....I mean A LOT. No more.

I've always blamed this music and software piracy on the prices of this stuff. I mean, music cd's are what $21.99 now? I haven't bought one in so long I don't even know anymore (lol). They used to be like 13 bucks, I mean, c'mon, it costs like 10 cents to make a cd, with the case and printing the insert I doubt if it costs any more than 5 bucks to produce a cd. And some software is outrageously expensive.

Lower the prices and maybe the consumers will actually start buying it.

And I know the cd prices are just because everyone wants to make their cut and the artists want to make more more more money. Pretty dumb considering that most of the new music out there today sucks.

Back
Top Bottom