Wireless Network

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have my gaming rig upstairs in my room, and my modem is in the room directly below mine. Currently, my rig is hooked up via wireless, and when I play online games, I usually lag.
I was wondering if theres anything I can do to increase my connection without connecting via ethernet?
This is what I am currently using
Wireless G USB Adapter

What kind of connection speeds are you getting and how is the signal strength?

From what I have heard, USB connections don't run as well as PCI wireless adapters. maybe you could look into one of them.

The signal strength is on 5 bars (Max), and my home speed is 1.5Mbps. I don't know how fast I am actually going when I am gaming online though.

Got any that you recommend? preferably the cheapest of the ones you recommend. I remember it was quite hard for my friend and I to install one, we didnt quite get it on because we felt like we were going to break the board.

The signal strength is on 5 bars (Max), and my home speed is 1.5Mbps. I don't know how fast I am actually going when I am gaming online though.

Got any that you recommend? preferably the cheapest of the ones you recommend. I remember it was quite hard for my friend and I to install one, we didnt quite get it on because we felt like we were going to break the board.

It might not be wireless.
If you play a game like Battlefield 2 with dedicated servers, it might be your ping.
The further away you are from where the server, the higher your ping is.
The higher your ping is, the more milliseconds it takes for the game to respond to your input, like shooting a guy or getting into a car or etc.
The more it takes for the game to respond, that is what lag is, that is just a suggestion.

I lowest ping servers I find are 80, and are dedicated servers only, and I join those. There were couple times where it shows a picture of an Ethernet unplugged (CoD4). Then there's the lag where I would be one place, and another place the next, or I keep shooting for about 10 seconds just to find out I died 10 seconds ago.
I'm assuming that's high.

I lowest ping servers I find are 80, and are dedicated servers only, and I join those. There were couple times where it shows a picture of an Ethernet unplugged (CoD4). Then there's the lag where I would be one place, and another place the next, or I keep shooting for about 10 seconds just to find out I died 10 seconds ago.
I'm assuming that's high.

80 isn't too high, but it can be high.
I play around 43, or even 21.
Those are average.
Sounds like you have high ping.

Back
Top Bottom