We are SCREWED!

this has been planned for years .....
and the moons hit every day by rock in space im sure much larger and faster then this thing
i mean look at all the craters....
any Debee thats kicked up will fall right back into the moon

Well, shouldnt we use the money on the economy and paying off debts instead of using it to shoot a rocket up to find water? The asteroids and comets already did part of the work, and transporting them back and forth are expensive. Not counting the expense of designing and building camps to mine and extract, and stuff.

What if we find water on the moon? what then?
If we built places to live there, there is an high chance of getting hit by an high velocity micrometeorite. It would also be difficult to get oxygen up there, especially on how easy it could be vacuumed out, I wouldn't want to live my whole life connected to some oxygen tank. The gravity would take awhile to get used too, and out muscles will get all weird due to low gravity, and those that got used to the Moon's gravity will have a very hard time on Earth.

Well whatever, it's not like I can do anything about it.

Educate ourselves? With Fox News and Sean Hannity? Are you joking?

One thing they are good at is tearing this stuff apart (even if they add some poop). If you take an educated look at the stuff they are giving you, you could quite possibly learn something.

Isnt it bad to have a moon base? I was told that our moon is kind of like an shield that protects us from meteors, hence why it has so many craters.

I think the larger planets do that for us...remember the shoemaker levy comets? One of the impacts would have been enough (if it hit earth) to send us where the dinosaurs went.

Seriously, the larger gravity wells caused by the larger planets in our solar system are believed by many to protect earth from comets and meteors. Some also believe that life on earth wouldn't have evolved as far as it has without this protection. The universe is a very violent place! Earth is a rarity with liquid water and few catastrophic events.

Isnt it bad to have a moon base? I was told that our moon is kind of like an shield that protects us from meteors, hence why it has so many craters.

The Moon is not a shield. If you were to remove all water and vegitation from our planet, earth's surface would look like the moon or worse.

Our Atmosphere acts as a shield because most objects either bounce off or burn up.

very true russel but dont for get also that many people and scientist believe with out impacts of all different sizes the building blocks for life would not have arrived nor would the vast amount of water

Couldn't this "Impactor" cause parts of the moon to fly back at us? Am I the only few that sees this as a TERRIBLE idea? Also what if (god forbid) the "impactor" fell back down to Earth? Wouldn't that cause a 6 mile rupture in the Earth? Space and Explosives don't go together.

No it would not. The reason that this explosion will rise to 6 miles on the moon is due to the lack of gravity / Atmosphere. Also since there is no oxygen on the moon this explosion wont be like the kind you see on earth with fire and other cool stuff, its just going to be one giant Dust / debri cloud.

If the same thing were to hit earth it would be awesome indeed but it would not create a 6 mile high explosion. You need nukes, or hydrogen bombs for that.

very true russel but dont for get also that many people and scientist believe with out impacts of all different sizes the building blocks for life would not have arrived nor would the vast amount of water

I know what you mean, the oceans water is believed to have come from comets. Well, If the scientists had all the answers they would be out of a job.:D

Back
Top Bottom