We are SCREWED!

how does water exist if the moon has no atmosphere? water is H2O, and there is no oxygen in space...

The moon has no oxygen, so how does water exist? I think we are dealing with a bunch of people who are SO bored, they want to blow our moon :p

One of my teachers in highschool was telling us about something like this a few years ago except i was a small group of scientists that believed if we blew up the moon completely it would throw most parts of the earth into perpetual spring like weather around 25C.

One of my teachers in highschool was telling us about something like this a few years ago except i was a small group of scientists that believed if we blew up the moon completely it would throw most parts of the earth into perpetual spring like weather around 25C.

That's one experiment I would rather not try!

Well.. When I am in my 80's we can try that:D

Supposedly we're going to resume manned moon flights soon, with walks starting again in 2018 if I'm not mistaken. I also saw plans for a "moon base."

Isnt it bad to have a moon base? I was told that our moon is kind of like an shield that protects us from meteors, hence why it has so many craters.

Won't that screw up the gravitational field? Why not just land on the moon and dig instead?

i highly doubt it would be affected, the moon is the size of the US, canada, and Russia practicly, so i doubt a 6mile crater would bother it much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon

EDIT:

sorry to sound so rude...

but it seams nO ONE here besides seti, and a few others, has any idea of how important this mission is. dont you guys get it!? what are we going to do as a species to survive once overpopulation starts to take effect? for all the computer geeks/nerds/w/e people we have here that play startcraft and solar empire yall seem so worried about getting off your pretty blue planet. no one here is interested in this? this is beyond just a mission to blow up a moon...wth...

Ever hear of tritium? Another reason to make a moon base, an we would need water to have a plant there to sustain the workers....if it works, it would be well worth the money.

+1 to Sniper and Seti. They're both right. And for anyone who argues that "the money could go somewhere else" You need to have a look at all of the "pork" in the /last/ bailout bill. 200,000 dollars to tattoo removal!? There's more! too much for me to remember. I think exploration on the final frontier is a bit more important than removing some idiots mistake he made while he was drunk. The computers we all love were rushed to be perfected for the PURPOSE of the space program! Necessity is the mother of invention.

EDIT: http://www.foxnews.com/search-results/m/21928179/piling-on-the-pork.htm

Educate yourselves. We are the future of America. <--- I can't even say how cheesy that was. *serious moment*

Back
Top Bottom