Sound help? Sorry I'm new to this~

krainey7

Beta member
Just a quick explanation..

I am trying to apply to a job where I have to hear sound files and type them up and submit them. Normally you are directed to another link and upload the sound file. (mp3). But this site, you play the file directly from the site.

On the site it looks like a little mini media player, has a little arrow button. It's supposed to play. Except, for me I click the play, it says 'buffering' and 'stopped' in less than 2 seconds. It happens so fast. No sound will play.

But I go to my boyfriends computer and the file works perfectly! I'm not understanding what is wrong. And my computer is newer and faster than his.

Am I missing a codec?

Yet I can play my media player, listen to itunes.

I updated Media player thinking that might be it, and it did nothing.

Any suggestions?

I'm using Windows XP, and Mozilla firefox, or IE. I just downloaded a sound driver for Realtek AC '97 audio? and that did nothing.

I wanted to download drivers, but all I keep getting is driver detective and it costs money.

If you right click the media file within Firefox/IE, what does it say/do?

It may give us an idea of what you don't have installed that'll run it properly.

it does nothing when i do that.. its the weirdest thing. It also works on my dads computer. but not mine. Is it a driver or something?

Could you possibly give us a screenshot?

If you don't have an account to an image resource:

http://www.photobucket.com

is nice and free and allows you to upload, in my view, unlimited content.

Its not likely to be a driver, but it could easily be a codec of some sort.

To free your mind of that though, download this:

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Basically, that codec pack has everything you will need. The basic one should be fine I think, but you could try downloading the bigger one.

you know what, I think its my media player. To go in and play a song in the library, it works. But for example I have a 30 second .mp3 file, I click play and nothing. Then I opened up real player, and dragged that same file into it and it played no problem. So I tried media player again. And nothing. It must be the media player?

When you click to use the file in the browser, are you saying, that it saves in a temporary file, and opens up the application; Windows Media Player? So it doesn't infact run from the browser itself?

like when i log onto the site where this file is, I should be able to click the play button on the little mini media player, and it should play. but it doesnt.

hmmmm here is a long shot but is your Java up to date or installed properly? When Java is missing or messed up it can cause alot of problems

Back
Top Bottom