Help Needed Asap - Doing My Nut In

bernie1011

Solid State Member
I have recently installed the windows updates on my vista PC howver, when i come to turn it on, a messgae appears saying configuring updates: stage 3 of 3 - 0% complete. Please do not turn off your comouter. The usual message however, the percentage bar does not move at all and then the computer shuts down.

It continues to do this so i need to find a way to start my computer without configuring the updates.

Iv tried entering safe mode but again the updates begin to be configured and the turns itself off and continuous in this vicious circle.

Can anyone help?
Thaaks

thread title is not what i expected to read
but
by what you said it just shuts down before it installs the updates
so there isnt a way that i am aware of that will allow you to go in and change anything
just try and babysit it for a while
and see if it cant fix its own problem
who knows
well not me
but here is a bump for you none-the-less
later

You can try hitting F8 on start up and see if you can do "last known good configuration". Otherwise if you have a Vista disk, you can boot off of that and do a system restore (not a reformat but an acutal system restore).

Right well, iv babysat it and well it contiunes to do the same thing.
I have inserted the windows vista CD and then turn my computer on, it continues to do the same thing. How do i get the computer to load the disk rather than loading windows like normal.
I have tried the click last know config and it just does the same goes to the screen where it is trying to config the updates
This is doing my head in can anyone help pleaseee!!
thankyou

Press F8 at boot up. You will given a menu where you can select which device to boot from. Select the optical drive with the Vista DVD in it. You may need to watch foo a message stating to "press any key to boot to CDROM" afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom