My Interview's Experience, Good, then bad..

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
ugh so im out on the hunt for a job... applying everywhere... so i apply in person at stellar nordia, when im done, they tell me i need to take a typing test and a grammar test, but the lady was not in at the time so i needed to go back on monday at 2:30. SO i go back monday after practicing for about a hour or 2 on my typing over the weekend (used to b able to type 115wpm when i was a hardcore gamer and also had to get used to a strait keyboard since mines curved... and there's are strait so yeah..)
okay well for to start it off the typing test was first done on a strait keyboard then i have 4 more times to take it so i switched keyboards to the curved kind (after i noticed it just sitting there plugged in...) did the other 4 got my results from the HR lady (VERY NICE lady) they wpm were 52 54 54 56 58 with the errors that i was getting but without errors i was doing like 65 or so.. (the typing test was someone talking and the actual voice of the person would go slow then fast then slow then fast so it was hard to keep up with..) so she notify's me that i have 5 more chances within the next 30 day's and ask's if i'd like to try again right now, i said of course. went and tried it got a 60 on the mark, PASSED!! okay so after that she tell's me to keep record they need me to do 4 more for a total of 10 so every single one i improve and improve. i get 62, 64, 64, then 68. okay all's good i passed.. now time for the 12th grade grammar test! took it first time you can miss 7 i missed 10 =( okay so she tell's me i have one more chance and i take it again and miss 6 okay, i passed. she notify's me that they'll contact me for a interview! next day i get a call in the morning stating that they will like to interview me on wens (today) at 1pm so i say yeah okay ect go through the interview, i believe i did really well on it very nice lady that gave the interview, was listening to all that i had to say, really paying attention. i got out i felt good about how i acted in the interview i feel i did the best i could. (hours for this job is 20-32 1/2 a week plus you can get more if someone posts they need the hours off)

okay so i get out its about 1:50 or so and i have a interview at 4 at SEARS so i go to my aunts house and hang out there for a while then go back to sears, there was another guy getting his 2nd interview from the store manager, were talking and he said they told him to come back a hour later and they had him still wait for 2 1/2 hours after his interview time... not looking good is what im thinking!!! he finnaly get called in, we both give each other good lucks and he comes out about 5 mins later saying they told him they'll call him back and notify him if he got the job or not. okay so im thinking this is going to suck... the lady comes out and tell's me to come in, so she pulls up my info and starts asking me questions... the same ones that stellar were asking me pretty much, so im answering them and she's just ignoring me paying attention to her other employee... (like srsly?) she was not writing down anything i said, not typing anything at all, was VERY unorganized, she tell's me there's a cashier job open and another one was 100% commission pay (aka u dont sell nothing u dont get nothing) the hours for both are between 5-20 hours a week (horrible hours for a 25 mile drive...) i act like im interested in the job, walk out, NEVER looked back LOL that lady at sears was the rudest interviewer i've ever had... she only interviewed me for like 5-10 mins...

grr just my rant... if you take time to read this all, drop a reply, and thanks for taking the time to read it, even if it is a essay!

If you dont mind me asking,what kind of business do you run?

Selling new and used computers. Along with repairing and upgrading existing ones. And occasionally I'll do web design (simple HTML stuff is all I know right now...will probably take some more advanced stuff in college for my marketing minor) and some photo reconstruction (I've done a few old photos that people find that smudged or ink-blotted). And I'm just now starting to carry some inventory (I can't do a lot because the turn-around is poor in a town this small--~3000 people). But I don't charge by the hour and I'm very good with people so I'm happy to say I've been quite successful. I'm just about to ramp it for the summer with some advertising in local papers and the revision of my website. So, hopefully for my sake, you guys won't see me on here as much!...then you'll know I'm raking in the dough!

Don't you do computer stuff, too, Neo?

Congratulations man! :D

Sounded like the job at Sears would have been crap anyway!

Congratulations man! :D

Sounded like the job at Sears would have been crap anyway!

Well, IIRC, Sears owns or is a sister company to K-Mart. I worked at K-Mart for 2 weeks a few summers ago. I literally put in my notice 3 days after being hired. It was absolutely pathetic. So, if it was anything like that, Sears probably would've sucked!

Congrats on the new job.

About the lady who interviewed you and ignored you, I wouldn't want to work for someone like that anyway, or the company she is associated with. She obviously didn't want you to have the job or even give you a fair chance.

=D thanks guys! training starts on monday! full time mon-fri for 3 week's, and after that once i start work im going to be typing 80wpm at least constant to show how efficient i am as a employee so i can get promoted or something! haha she said that they expect me to stay for at least 6 months.. so i dont think theres a 3 month probation but i could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom