samsung write master DVD/RW problems

serealport

Beta member
hey guys first post on this fourum hope you can help

i have a dell that came with a dvd rom then we put a samsung hs-s128 dvd rw writemaster in and up untill a few days ago they worked together fine now when i put a dvd in the dvdrw plays it at about 2x normal speed but if i take the dvd out and put it in the old dvd rom the the same program will run it normally

so i went in and made sure that i had the right drivers for it still didn't work
i went to samsung.com and got the firmware upgrade followed the readme and instructions. still no good

i am not sure why this is doing this and i am out of ideas i tried searching and dident find anything that matches my predicament

any ideas would be helpfull
thanks

Moved your thread, since its in the wrong forum :)

That is a seriously weird problem. The playback itself is affected??...

What software are you using to play the DVD's?
Does it by any chance have a setting, within Settings/Playback (or similar) to play at a certain speed? This might be dependant on the drive. Definietly worth checking that!

Is it skipping? So not playing 2x, but seeming like it is, by skipping a multitude of frames?

If so, try another DVD, and see if this works.

I'm hoping its simply a setting in your DVD software you've accidently hit, thats activated the setting on one drive, and not the other.

Back
Top Bottom