Program that disconnects you from the internet.

Who said anything about illegally using a program, i simply stated if i had the knowledge to hack a program i would be able to develop a program that disconnects you from the internet.

I found out how, i just make a batch file with ipconfig /release

Code:
@echo off
ipconfig /release
exit

Save this into a .bat file and click it anytime you want to .... Lose your internet connection ...

EDIT:
Lol OK just read the very last post... haha

Who said anything about illegally using a program, i simply stated if i had the knowledge to hack a program i would be able to develop a program that disconnects you from the internet.

I found out how, i just make a batch file with ipconfig /release

Sometimes hacking the program is illegal depending upon what software you are talking about. Anyway, you know what I mean, I don't want to put a crimp on your discussion, so I will bow out...:)

I made a similar script to load Windows Media Player at bootup and play a playlist file, to see if I could do it.
I didn't know about Echo off, but that stops the text from displaying, that its doing.

The exit command however doesn't seem to exit the cmd window when the task is done.

This script would reconnect:

@echo off
ipconfig /renew
exit

it should exit on its own without the exit command...and you can use msconfig to configure startup programs instead of creating scripts...

AFAIK, Windows (xp/vista/7) doesnt come with a program that disconnects you from the internet... Also, with msconfig you cant ADD or REMOVE startup items, just disable or enable them.

You can add the batch file to the startup folder... or if you want to be conspicuous, you could add it to the registery. But because i'm not 100% on the REASON for you wanting to do this, I'm going to let you find out how yourself.

You could also just set the subnet of the computer to something outside of your routers subnet... I.E. from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0

There are lots of ways for you to disable network connections... If your router supports it, you could block the MAC address of the network card that the computer uses.

it should exit on its own without the exit command...and you can use msconfig to configure startup programs instead of creating scripts...

It's usually used for good measure although in most cases unless you put pause it will auto exit.

I can say for sure, that mine doesn't exit automatically, nor does the exit command work

I can say for sure, that mine doesn't exit automatically, nor does the exit command work

Really now.. That is pretty interesting.. I haven't ever heard of that not working.

Trying putting
@echo off
ipconfig /all
cls
exit

Back
Top Bottom