Dog relearning its name?

A Picture of Trig:

DSC_0508.JPG

Nice dog , certainly does still look pretty young , do you have any idea how old Trigger is

trigger.jpg

I washed trigger through google translate and that was what it came up with. I think it's pronounced aas low sen.

That's not how it's pronounced at all. That will sound almost unintelligible.

First you have to mke a glottal stop sound: it's like the sound in "uh-oh", or how a Cockney would say the t in "water".

Then say house but without the h. Put a slight emphasis on this syllable, but emphasize the second syllable even more.

then say lö : the umlauted o is very difficult for English people to make. Say the <ay> in play, but don't let your tongue glide. Keep your mouth in the same shape throughout the vowel. Do not diphthongize the vowel. Don't add any extra "ee" sound to the end. Now round your lips very tightly, and you will get ö. It will come out sounding slightly similar to the "oo" in book. It's a difficult sound to make, because English lost this vowel sound almost a 1000 years ago.

Then make a buzzing sound like a "z", but go directly into a drawn out nnn sound. Don't add a vowel sound.

Nice dog , certainly does still look pretty young , do you have any idea how old Trigger is

We think Trigger is 4 years old. And thanks setishock and iPat but, she doesn't seem to recognize that either... But she is very patient so, learning her name will come eventually. Oh, I almost forgot... Her owner was in Iraq and someone told me the husband didn't do anything (except feed her) with the dog for a year and a half so maybe she is trying to get used to or may have to relearn her commands.

Which dialect of English do you speak? If you're from the northern US or Canada, your "house" vowel might have pre-fortis clipping, which would result in mispronouncing "aus". Same for certain areas in northern England or Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom