Dell projector for $200?!

Maintanance costs such as replacing the bulb would scare off most. If you find one for 2 bills or less it's either a pos or it's dead.

Cheapest I could find a bulb: http://salestores.com/dell3109.html .. 242 USD. Keep this in mind when buying the projector. This bulb states it can last 2000 hours. That is around 80 days. Of course, it could last a lot longer, it could blow within the first few minutes. It comes down to luck and the quality of the product to determine all of that.

Overall, that is a nice projector. Just be prepared for the extra costs as seti has mentioned.

I know its just going to be a temp. I'm waiting for a 1080p one to get cheaper.

But hey, for $200, there isn't a lot to lose on this one. At least when the bulb burns out, I can try to rig in my own bulb to know if it will work...

If they're this cheap, they're typically business projectors. They usually lack the same color definition as home theater projectors while almost always referring to dithering to compensate. They're made to display presentations, not movies.

If they're this cheap, they're typically business projectors. They usually lack the same color definition as home theater projectors while almost always referring to dithering to compensate. They're made to display presentations, not movies.

I know that it won't be great, but my school has similar models, and they aren't bad. Mostly I want it for my xbox, and maybe for movie night, etc. but thats really about it.

They're not bad, but you're going to see where they cut their corners. That's the thing with projectors. The flaws are always magnified.

They're not bad, but you're going to see where they cut their corners. That's the thing with projectors. The flaws are always magnified.

Yeah, I understand that. It's mostly just for funsies. But DLP tends to look pretty good. No matter what, it is better than my homemade one.

OK. I bought it. I figured that there isn't too much to lose on this one.

We'll see when it comes in.

Back
Top Bottom