How to find out who is using your wireless.

WPA? I'm using WEP with the long of the two key length choices. I think that some device wouldn't allow WPA. Do Intel Macs, Wiis, and Ipod Touches allow WPA?

I would suggest moving to WPA / WPA2... Specially if you do any financial work with your computer, or live in a populated area.

I would suggest moving to WPA / WPA2... Specially if you do any financial work with your computer, or live in a populated area.

Yea, I wanted to, but some device we had/have didn't support it I think. I'll have to look.

WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
WPA-PSK [TKIP]
WPA2-PSK [AES]
WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

Which do I pick? I need a Wii, Two Intel Macbooks, and an Ipod Touch to connect. The more secure the better.

Yea, I wanted to, but some device we had/have didn't support it I think. I'll have to look.

WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
WPA-PSK [TKIP]
WPA2-PSK [AES]
WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

Which do I pick? I need a Wii, Two Intel Macbooks, and an Ipod Touch to connect. The more secure the better.

Personally I would go with WPA2, AES. That is what mine runs.

Just make sure when you set up the devices you put all AES encryption.

I like the filter by MAC numbers. If your number isn't on the allow list then you can bang all you want. You ain't gonna get in.

I like the filter by MAC numbers. If your number isn't on the allow list then you can bang all you want. You ain't gonna get in.

I did that until I got an Ipod touch. The touch doesn't like MAC filtering, even if it is done right.

Back
Top Bottom