Dell projector for $200?!

foothead

Omnicide now.
So I was looking for TVs on eBay, and I found this. I know its an old model and refurbished, but how good is it? I just want to watch TV in my room, and I think it would be a lot better than my homemade one from a few years back that I use occasionally. I am having a LANparty in a few weeks, and I think it would be really good for displaying scores and such. I don't really know much about this type of thing, so I will need a little help. thanks.

EDIT: since nobody is posting here, I made a new thread in the social lounge.
Another EDIT: okay maybe not. It's been closed.

I tried searching to get some details on it. But all I could get was that same ebay page... I then tried -ebay (in google to take out ebay). Then I seen one that said Dell 1100MP DLP Multimedia Projector K7217 - "Vintage".

Lol

I tried searching to get some details on it. But all I could get was that same ebay page... I then tried -ebay (in google to take out ebay). Then I seen one that said Dell 1100MP DLP Multimedia Projector K7217 - "Vintage".

Lol

?

I googled it, and I got lots of links and things, unless you searched for the k7217, which is a LOT # i think.

But the real model is 1100mp.

:eek: This would go under the VAMPIST FAIL log..

LOL
OK. Here are the specs on it.

MSRP (USD) : $699
Brightness (Lumens) : 1400 ANSI
Contrast (Full On/Off) : 2100:1
Variable Iris: No
Audible Noise: 34.0 dB
Eco-Mode: 32.0 dB
Weight: 4.9 lbs
Size (inches) (HxWxD) : 4.0 x 9.9 x 8.4
Std. Lens: Focus:
Manual
Zoom: Manual, 1.20:1
Throw Dist (feet) : 3.9 - 32.8
Image Size (inches) : 27.5 - 275.0
Optional Lenses: No
Digital Zoom: **
Digital Keystone: Vertical
Lens Shift: No
Warranty: 2 Years
Performance:
H-Sync Range: 15.0 - 70.0kHz
V-Sync Range: 5 - 85Hz

Compatibility:
HDTV: 720p, 1080i, 576i
576p
EDTV/480p: Yes
SDTV/480i: Yes
Component Video: Yes
Video: Yes
Digital Input: **
Computers: Yes
Display: Type:
DLP (1)
Color Wheel Segs: **
Color Wheel Speed: **
Native: 800x600 Pixels
Maximum: 1400x1050 Pixels
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (SVGA)
Lamp: Type:
200W UHP
Life: 2000 hours
Eco-Mode Life: 2500 hours
Quantity: 1
Speakers: 2.0W Mono
Max Power: 250W
Voltage: 100V - 240V
FCC Class: B
Special: **
First Ship: Apr 2005
Last Ship: May 2006

Sounds nice to me for the price. I don't know A LOT about projectors though. But it sounds good. If you considering buying a new tv or this... Personally I would go with the projector.. I mean you get to set our own size.. What more do you want? lol

Sounds nice to me for the price. I don't know A LOT about projectors though. But it sounds good. If you considering buying a new tv or this... Personally I would go with the projector.. I mean you get to set our own size.. What more do you want? lol

Yep. Thats what I thought. I found a nice 95" screen for $75 on ebay. Of course, I will use the 40" one I have from my old slide projector for a little while just to be sure there are no problems.

Yep. Thats what I thought. I found a nice 95" screen for $75 on ebay. Of course, I will use the 40" one I have from my old slide projector for a little while just to be sure there are no problems.

Large white poster paper on the wall works really nicely too. :D

Well, I don't know where the heck I could get a piece that big. I'm going to get a pull-down so it will cover up the doors on that wall.

Well you would get large pieces, then put them together side by side. Or even over lapping by an inch on each side.

Back
Top Bottom