Possible new server

David Lindon

Golden Master
I'm currently testing a possible new server which I'm looking at moving to. Basically the reasons for this are:

My current host is charging quite alot for the current server
I'm looking at moving to a linux server. Most of you probably remember the security breach a little while back where someone accessed the server and placed a link on CF. I would say that I hope it to be more stable being a linux server but this one seems to be fine for a while now anyway.

We can use this thread for discussing and I'll post any updates here

Awesome. I dont mean to be rude... but how much (ish) are you paying now? We could find you a good deal! 1000 Men is better than one, etc!

U can make ur own server cant u. U just need a static ip and stuff. That what i use to do for my gaming servers isnt the same for websites. If not dont make fun of me :(.

U just need a static ip and stuff. That what i use to do for my gaming servers isnt the same for websites. If not dont make fun of me :(.

Most residential internet service providers usually don't like their customers hosting servers 24/7. Along with the service, you'll be bogged down because it's a residential connection with a residential backbone. Very few providers can support their customers hosting their own websites full time.

Reported. Also - Any progress on the new server? Hah

Whats reported?

The server is being a bit of a pain, I've got a linux one but its only setup as a command line server. I tried to install vnc via command line but thats a no go which makes it more awkard

Very good.

Quick question what kind of specs does this server have, how much bandwidth and storage do we get through?

Back
Top Bottom