Is this TV good?

In Baton Rouge, all our local channels are 1080i

Well you are lucky then! But, you still probably won't see too much of a difference between 720 and 1080. You can google some comparisons if you want. But, I can tell you, that a high quality 720 will look LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than a crappy 1080; so don't skimp on quality.

That is bad for your eyes. Why not get glasses?

x2.
I have glasses, but I get horrible migraines whenever I wear them.

You need to visit the eye doctor then.

Well you are lucky then! But, you still probably won't see too much of a difference between 720 and 1080. You can google some comparisons if you want. But, I can tell you, that a high quality 720 will look LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than a crappy 1080; so don't skimp on quality.

x2.

what is a good 720 for under $600, preferably if I can get it in a store, not online. The only real electronic stores left are conns, sears, and best buy.

Conns would be great, as I have a coupon for $50 off any purchase $100 or above.

You need to visit the eye doctor then.

I have. 4 times. They can't figure out why i get them, but i do.

Yeah. I know sharp is great, but I don't really want a 37" 720p. Maybe sears or conns will have a bigger display model or one with bezel damage or something.

To be frank, at your price point, you shouldn't be complaining about 720p or 1080p.

http://reviews.cnet.com/720p-vs-1080p-hdtv/

Whether you're dealing with 1080p/24 or standard 1080p/60, doesn't alter our overall views about 1080p TVs. We still believe that when you're dealing with TVs 50 inches and smaller, the added resolution has only a very minor impact on picture quality. In our tests, we put 720p (or 768p) sets next to 1080p sets, then feed them both the same source material, whether it's 1080i or 1080p, from the highest-quality Blu-ray player. We typically watch both sets for a while, with eyes darting back and forth between the two, looking for differences in the most-detailed sections, such as hair, textures of fabric, and grassy plains. Bottom line: It's almost always very difficult to see any difference--especially from farther than 8 feet away on a 50-inch TV.

Back
Top Bottom