Is this TV good?

Vizio is a great upcoming brand that is always getting better and prices cheaper.

I bought a 37'' for this price a few years ago. But you wanted a 42'' here you go. Great price, and quality is top notch for the price.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10993797

I couldnt be happier with this TV, and upgrading from a Tube TV myself, you will feel the same way as me.

Vizio seems pretty good. I don't care about the 120 Hz, though. I really have no use for it.

What device(s) do you have that you need 1080?

Well, it's not that I have to have it, but it is important to me because it tends to have much better picture, and I could use it as a monitor for one of my computers without it looking retarded.
i have decided that a 720p is OK as long as it is 42". I really don't want to have to give up everything I want on this.
Does anyone know the dimensions of a 37" 16:9? I have found one for $450, but am unsure exctly how big it is.

Well, it's not that I have to have it, but it is important to me because it tends to have much better picture, and I could use it as a monitor for one of my computers without it looking retarded.
i have decided that a 720p is OK as long as it is 42". I really don't want to have to give up everything I want on this.
Does anyone know the dimensions of a 37" 16:9? I have found one for $450, but am unsure exctly how big it is.

Okay, because I don't think that there are very many 1080 TV channels, yet. The last I heard (when I was searching for my 50" plasma last summer) was that the only devices that use 1080p right now are xbox360, PS3, BluRay, and PCs and a select few HDTV channels. It could've changed, but that's the last I heard. Honestly, it's all about viewing distance, though. You won't notice too much of a difference between 720 and 1080 from what I hear from numerous reviews on many sites.

If you look for reviews, check CNET. I feel they have pretty decent, unbiased reviews.

Okay, because I don't think that there are very many 1080 TV channels, yet. The last I heard (when I was searching for my 50" plasma last summer) was that the only devices that use 1080p right now are xbox360, PS3, BluRay, and PCs and a select few HDTV channels. It could've changed, but that's the last I heard. Honestly, it's all about viewing distance, though. You won't notice too much of a difference between 720 and 1080 from what I hear from numerous reviews on many sites.

If you look for reviews, check CNET. I feel they have pretty decent, unbiased reviews.

In Baton Rouge, all our local channels are 1080i, and there are about 30 cable HD channels. I am near-sighted, so I sit close to the TV.
like i said, I will take a 720p, but I at least want a big one.

Back
Top Bottom