So... I'm switching my major.

Thelis

Golden Master
I just recently finished a year of finance and microeconomics with a double major in business, and I have decided that it's not for me.

Thus, I am making a decision to switch my major to Physics (which is close to my heart), and go premed. It has always been a passion of mine, and I have all the natural attributes for a surgeon.

I am rocking a full scholarship right now, which is awesome. Once I graduate Columbia, I'll hopefully go to Hopkins, and after that 3 years of general surgical residency, then 2 years of spinal surgery residency.

I am set in my ways, and my entire family is behind me. It is a decision I have been nursing for a few months now, and I have decided that I want to do this with all my heart.

I am also scared shitless.

Good for you man. I also did the same thing I am 3 classes away from my double major in business in marketing and accounting. I also have decided to switch mine but not to physics like you but systems software engineering. IMO if your not happy doing what your doing change it. Its not too late now but later on in life when you have your career and want to change it is not as easy as it is now. I want to wish ya luck though with your new classes and major.

I think you will be much happier. As important as finance and economics are, especially these days, my interest level on the subject is about the same as doing my taxes. I can't imagine that I'm alone in this.

Sounds like your doing well for yourself, I'm glad to see!

Good for you that you've found something for you that you will really love . I cant imagine how much it would suck to do something for a year that i didnt like though . Im going to law next year at uni for 3 years so im kinda scarred i really hope I have chosen the right thing for me
Go into neurosurgery

SO MUCH MONEY!!!!!

It shouldnt be all about money when it comes down to your career its should be about finding something you will truley love doing you will be doing this for the rest of your life until retirement unless you change . finding something you enjoy wont make work a chore it will be something you enjoy . I mean for instance im hopefully going to train to be a lawyer but with the same skill set i could pretty much go and be an accountant too but they are completely different jobs and i am not that confident i would love accounting whereas i feel that i am going to enjoy the legal profession

Back
Top Bottom