Plug two speakers into one socket on amp?

Those aren't professional speakers. You need to stop looking at inflated ratings, because they don't mean jack squat.

If you know what's good for your receiver, you would stay away from those speakers.

I never said they were professional. They work fine with my amp and sound great, they sound so much louder than the Sony ones. I wasn't sking for your opinion on how good they were, I was just asking if I could plug two speakers into the one socket.

I wasn't sking for your opinion on how good they were, I was just asking if I could plug two speakers into the one socket.

Yeah, go ahead. Don't come crying back if your receiver starts to fry.

Also it wouldn't be parallel on this amp! it would be series!

Are you not hooking up two speakers to the same output like this?

image34.gif

Yeah, go ahead. Don't come crying back if your receiver starts to fry.

Are you not hooking up two speakers to the same output like this?

image34.gif

What reasoning do you have that suggests these speakers would fry and amplifier? Have you done some reasearch on them on them which demontrates that this particular model of speakers goes around frying amp's? I took them to a party and had the amp on 3/4 - full volume for 6 hours straight - no frying occured, I have also been using them for days, still no frying.

As for the connection, IF I go ahead and plug my Sony ones back in aswel as the proSound ones then I would just plug both bare wires into the same plug.

What reasoning do you have that these speakers would fry and amplifier?

From your past threads, you seem to be bent up on getting the loudest speakers possible. You also described a burnt smell coming from your speakers after playing them on full volume.

As for the connection, IF I go ahead and plug my Sony ones back in aswel as the proSound ones then I would just plug both bare wires into the same plug.

That's hooking them up in parallel.

Knowing nothing about your amp or speakers specs here
its nothing to do with the speaker its to do with the fact that if you put 2 spekers in parallell with the same impedance you half the total impedance which then puts a lot more strain on your amplifier

And the way you describd plugging the sony ones in the same connector is paralell

From your past threads, you seem to be bent up on getting the loudest speakers possible. You also described a burnt smell coming from your speakers after playing them on full volume.

That's hooking them up in parallel.

Ok, sorry about series/parallel, I got confused. I didn't descibe a burning smell though, I clearly stated that it was NOT a burning smell, some sort of weird chemical smell and that was on the Sony speakers, not these ProSound ones, I had the Prosound ones on at that party, no smell, the amp was slightly warm after 5-6 hours or so, so I don't see how these prosound speakers could burn an amp out. Also what is wrong with wanting loud speakers? It is my choice. Also if they are 80hms each then it will be fine, but if 8 per set then it won't be by the looks of it.

Wired it up now (I spoke o a friend who know quite a lot about speakers ad he saidit would be fine), it is working fine at the moment, just need to keep an eye on the heat!

lol i have about 4 speakers hooked up to one of my channels on my surround sound and it never gets got.. i also have 4 subwoofers hooked up to the subwoofer (cut the wire ect ect) but i got lucky so how that it doesnt get hot... if yours doesnt overheat, then good, go for it! but know that if you lower the ohm load its more likely that your going to fry your stuff... but i dont think 4 ohms will be bad for it

Back
Top Bottom