I Need A Dell For World of Warcraft. (Noob)

Toxicity, That looks great. I'm just wondering why you chose that Videocard over ATI/nVidia. I hear soooooooo much about them, I figured those were the top dogs. But you seem to know what your doing. ;)

Toxicity, That looks great. I'm just wondering why you chose that Videocard over ATI/nVidia. I hear soooooooo much about them, I figured those were the top dogs.

that card is made in the nVidia chipset... its just made by EVGA

that gtx 275 is the highest rated graphics card for the gtx 275 class of cards...nvidia doesent actually make them.

I dont know much about what the world of warcraft game. But...

Dell sells new and old computers for a decent price under there scratch and dent section. You can probably throw in a decent graphics card from newegg and get a good deal. Might as well check out your local craigslist too...You would be suprized that some of the computers are brand new or almost new and they are really cheap.

this thread is now trying to help him to build a really good rig and not buying prebuilt.

thanks for your addition though dave

I've checked craigslist for weeks and nothing really caught my eye except some used alienwares that people wanted thousands for.

Toxicity - So those computer parts you listed. That is all that there is to building a computer? What happens when I boot it up, does it come with an operating system or what? I'm lost on what happens after I build the actual computer.

oh ok... well... i forgot about an operating system... does your current system have a dvd burner?

by the way... try and look back here OFTEN because i have to go pretty soon, and i really want to help as much as i can and not have these other guys steal my thunder ;)

ok, im giving u like 5 mins.... u basically have 2 choices here - go for a sick rig like i posted...or tone it back and make it like equal to a dell, but save you lots of money...either way u will still run world of warcraft and save money over dell

I'm sure one my my parent's computers have a burner. They both are using XP btw.

If you have to go...you can go? I imagine I would hear from you tomorrow lol.

ok... well... look into windows 7 - its an amazing operating system... ive used it first hand...it will save you money up front because it runs out in march of 2010.

double check if they have a burner.

google up some guides and/or watch some youtube vids... i can link some to u, but im not on my own laptop right now

read my last post

goodnight

This monitor seems to have gotten a lot of great reviews. It's bigger than the one you plan on purchasing and it only costs $10 more.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824155056

with shipping it's ~$30 more, and I can't find any reviews of it, Newegg reviews should be taken with a grain of salt without professional reviews to back them up...

this thread is now trying to help him to build a really good rig and not buying prebuilt.

thanks for your addition though dave

um, no it's not, it's about trying to get him the best deal he can get, period, which is why building his own system even came up in the thread, if he can get a prebuilt comparable to what he could get building one he should get it, it would end up saving him time and the hassle of having to deal with us while trying to piece his rig together...

Back
Top Bottom