Sound is not working.

Fully Optimized
Got new speaker's for my sister's computer, and I'm not able to get sound through them and there's no sound icon on the task bar.

Could you please post a link of the speakers.

I would like to see what connections it has and if it is 2.1 or 2.0

What type of sound card are you using? Go through Windows Update, and see if you could update your drivers.

Could you please post a link of the speakers.

I would like to see what connections it has and if it is 2.1 or 2.0

It doesn't matter if it's 2.1 or 2.0.

there's no sound icon on the task bar.

Sounds like a driver issue to me. Usually when you install the on-board audio drivers (which I assume it is), you'll have that icon in the task bar. Try reinstalling them.

It doesn't matter if it's 2.1 or 2.0.

I asked that because i know for a fact that the bass has different connections and was wondering if there was the possibility that they weren't properly plugged in.

If not, it would probably be a driver issue.

Install your audio drives from your motherboard disc. Or, you can go online and do it.

I asked that because i know for a fact that the bass has different connections. I was then going to suggest if they were plugged in correctly.
There are no separate connections. It's still two channel audio.

Well, it's actually a sound card but the computer is a 2003 or something and I can't see a model number anywhere and I can't find specs for it since I don't have a model number.

Well, it's actually a sound card but the computer is a 2003 or something and I can't see a model number anywhere and I can't find specs for it since I don't have a model number.

Can you go into the driver manager, uninstall it and then reboot and see if it automatically see it and the model? Then you could jot it down and find it.

Back
Top Bottom