World of Warcraft question.

HA!

That was funny. I want to start playing that game, I just can't afford $15 a month.

ah I hate to say this but you guys are all wrong about WOW.

You can copy the entire WOW folder and play out of that. I have done this several times....copied my WOW folder to an external HD, took it to work and just copied it over and played that way.

You can copy the entire WOW folder and play out of that. I have done this several times....copied my WOW folder to an external HD, took it to work and just copied it over and played that way.

lies. you probably used the repair tool or something.

You can just move the folder. It doesn't mess with any registry. I use my external Harddrive and play off it on any computer...

/agree

World of Warcraft installations/updates do not edit or alter the registry (or any other files on the computer). I have downloaded WoW, completely updated it and copied the folder onto an external hard drive and put it on my laptop and gave it to a friend. Also when I have formatted my computer in the past, I have copied the folder to my storage hard drive and then copied it back over. No problems, no repair needed. WoW is just that good!

As for the CD key myth, No, the cd keys are account bound, not CD bound.

It also keeps all of your UI mods intact and configured the way you left them. I don't always agree with Blizzard, but this was a great design choice. And thats why WoW is king.... for now.

Back
Top Bottom