Keylogger Question

If it's one of the better key loggers, there is no way to tell it is running. ...

I daily update and run MAM and SAS, so I think they would detect any known keyloggers. But I never install anything new on Vista anyway to get infected in the first place. I only ever install Vista updates, so I cannot get infected I do not think as I only use Vista to play online games and to use softphone.

I daily update and run MAM and SAS, so I think they would detect any known keyloggers. But I never install anything new on Vista anyway to get infected in the first place. I only ever install Vista updates, so I cannot get infected I do not think as I only use Vista to play online games and to use softphone.

No software is perfect. And all you really need to get a virus now-a-days is an active internet connection. Just because you don't use anything else doesn't mean nothing else can come in.

If they were detectable then they wouldn't be of much use would they?
I have one that is used in the office for the intenet accessable computer. It's not that I want anything of personal value, I just want to know where the staff is going to pick up all the viruses and trojans the computer comes up with.

I dont think that running VirtualBox will prevent Keyloggers TBH. It's not a direct hardware interface... The OS is running on TOP of windows, not side by side..

No software is perfect. And all you really need to get a virus now-a-days is an active internet connection. Just because you don't use anything else doesn't mean nothing else can come in.

Can you please give me an example how a virus can infect my Vista when I never install anything new, and never open an email attachment?

I dont think that running VirtualBox will prevent Keyloggers TBH. It's not a direct hardware interface... The OS is running on TOP of windows, not side by side..

I tested this one day, using a couple of anti-keylogger testing programs, and whatever I typed into firefox in the guest Ubuntu Virtualbox session, was never detected or read by the host Vista keylogger.

Can you please give me an example how a virus can infect my Vista when I never install anything new, and never open an email attachment?

Just going out on a limb here, but a friend could have put a virus on your comp unknowingly and you wouldn't have known. And it'svista how else.

Back
Top Bottom