I hate Intel with a ******* passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just ticks me off. I used to love Intel...they used to be the "one to beat" and very consumer friendly; now they are just irritating.

The E2200 is even worse, but they still call it pentium.

the phenom 2 x2 is awesome. I might buy one just to give it a go. If it doesn't work, I'll sell it to my friend who wants an AMD dual core.

And WTF is up with intel changing names of old products? the E5200 was originally pentium Dual core, now it is core 2 duo all of a sudden?!
The E5xxx are 45nm parts. The E2xxx which they replaced were 65nm parts. They are both based on the Core architecture, and are not related to Netburst in any way.

Linky or it didn't happen.

I think he's getting at THIS load of BS. Which is more of a load of BS, IMHO, than the fact that they are phasing them out. Even though no one in their right mind would buy one, it's still ridiculous.

lol how am i supposed to link a thread from 6 months ago ?

lol i remember a long time ago saying that intel will most likley change the socket after the i7 and a lot of people in this room doubted me. I love that smell of glory lol
I don't think you even understood the two articles...

Yeah in the article I read they aren't changing the socket at all. They will use it with the new chips but are discontinuing the I7.:confused:

So maybe thats not glory you smell...:D:D:D

Exactly, of and Foothead, get this *Points down*
And who the hell can turn down a deal like this?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103680

A Dual core disguised as a Quad core! OMFG! It's $104 bucks! It overclocks like hell! It's . . . . somewhat retarted . . . . . XDDD
But that's AMD's fault XD

Sounds pretty good. I just did some research and it seems the first sets of batches are the most sucessful at unlocking. As they are released, unlocking them will be less and less likely.
Plus, it depends on the BIOS, with AMD trying to make manufacturers place up to date BIOS's that do not allow the unlocking function (though some manufacturers still do in the form of a Hybrid config).

One last issue; It seems to also stop the chip's thermal diodes from working, so does this mean you couldn't check temps?

It's just a shame AMD processors seem to lag behind Intel when it comes to 3D rendering and such, otherwise, they'd be an easy bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom