Price Check on old system

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
I'm wondering what I should list this for on my website when I get it cleaned off.

It's an HP 6535.

$5 or $10 bucks? It's pretty much worthless, but it was a freebie (actually, did my good deed for the day when cleaning our church up, and told them I would take it and wipe the HDD of all private data for them; which I will with DBAN). I wonder if it'd be better off with Damn Small Linux than Win98..?

Meh. Post when you have time. Not a biggie.

DSL would be much better....or puppy.
I don't think it is really worth hardly anything. Maybe, donate it, or give it to a kid or something. IMO its not even really worth the shipping if you were to sell it.

No, I wouldn't sell it over the net. I just list things on my website for locals to view. I'm not national or anything. Just an informative site for customers to peruse. I might try and find someone that wants it for free, too. I don't need to get anything out of it.

That's more like a collector's PC and not a users PC. If you wanted to sell it, keep it a few years and take out the CPU or keep it as a whole and sell it as a 'vintage computer'. If you know what I mean >.<

I'd either give it away to someone who needs it or install linux onto it and use it as a web surfing box OR Install DOS Onto it and play some Lemmings and Simcity :D

Meh, computers that are older than this don't even sell as "vintage" yet. Haha. But I think I'll just make a linux box out of it. I'll try my hand at DSL and Puppy and see what I like better. It'll be a hassle for a web box though, since there's no LAN port. I'll have to try and use my old wireless G adapter, or my new wireless N (when not in use) adapter. Oh well. Something else to tinker with.

Back
Top Bottom