First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

The one in post #54 is excellent.
If you have an option, go with an LG burner. I'm not really sure why, but mine can read what no other DVD drive can.
why r u going with the caviar HD? newegg has the 1TB WD green on sale for $70 i think. Give me a min, and i will post the code.
oops never mind. its sold out. The hitachi is down to $85.

Any of the top three or four burners will do: Newegg.ca - DVD Burners

Eh. I doubt he wants white/beige though or an IDE drive. And the Samsung that's on there doesn't appear to be able to burn CDs...?? The only one off of there that I would consider getting is the HP...but you are still paying out the nose, IMHO (and for anything after it on the list)...I wish they'd get the good LG and Sammy drives back in. They are out of stock everywhere, though.

If you have an option, go with an LG burner. I'm not really sure why, but mine can read what no other DVD drive can.
why r u going with the caviar HD? newegg has the 1TB WD green on sale for $70 i think. Give me a min, and i will post the code.

Just remember he's in Canada.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151188 <-- probably just gonna grab this one, since its the cheapest of the 4.

and dude_56013, in the near future i might consider CrossFiring probably around November or just gonna w8 for X-mas and get some upgrades.

edit: will all this stuff fit into the antec 900? without it being waay too cramped inside.
and what other stuff to i need for the build? like extra wires etc because i want to hide the wires on the back, but i don know what extra wires to get so i can reroute some cables on to the back

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151188 <-- probably just gonna grab this one, since its the cheapest of the 4.

and dude_56013, in the near future i might consider CrossFiring probably around November or just gonna w8 for X-mas and get some upgrades

I'm not sure about that drive. It doesn't look like it burns CDs..(which is weird), and I can't find it anywhere on the Samsung site (have no clue about that).

As for the CFing, you can definitely wait. You'll be fine with one 4870 right now. When way newer games come out in the future, then look at CFing a bit closer. You look like you are good to go then. All except for that darn DVD drive. Do you have one you could borrow until they come back in stock? (To install W7 with...?)

The Hitachi only has a 16MB cache.

The Black is only $5 more than the Green.

and dude_56013, in the near future i might consider CrossFiring probably around November or just gonna w8 for X-mas and get some upgrades.

edit: will all this stuff fit into the antec 900? without it being waay too cramped inside.
and what other stuff to i need for the build? like extra wires etc because i want to hide the wires on the back, but i don know what extra wires to get so i can reroute some cables on to the back

I have the raidmax ares case, and it can get very difficult to make the wires look good. In the end, I got some thin black hosing from a hardware store, split it, and ran all the cables through it.

The antec 900 should be fine though.

And once again, your build looks very good. Nice move, going with AMD. Maybe soon, you will be a believer too. :D

Okay. Sounds good.

I just found it odd that newegg didn't list CD writing specs, and only that it was CD-ROM...plus when googling the model, not much came up...couldn't even find it on the Sammy website...

thats pretty weird. Newegg leaves thing out a lot nowadays, though. But, they are quick to change it if a customer complains...

Back
Top Bottom