First Gaming comp ( Im a Noob )

considered the antec 900, but wat caught my attention on the nzxt nemesis, is that it has a temp screen and i watched a vid on youtube and the dude said that you can hook up ur fans to it and make it a fan controller too.

Or you can buy a better fan controller from the money that you save. The Antec 900 has built in speed controls on all of the fans.

ahhhh, but anyways the case is the least of my worries. wat comes first is the parts for the rig

does any1 else have any suggestions for a budget gaming rig? would be greatly appreciated

tnx in advance

Edit: i think i have made up my mind and i am 95% sure that i will go with the AMD build dude_56013 posted with a few slight changes, instead of the Sapphire 4870 512mb GPU, replacing it with Sapphire Toxic Raedon or the SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Heatpipe Design for Cooling Efficiency, and instead of the Cooler Master Centurion 5, im going to replace it with the antec 900

http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/TemporaryWishList.aspx?ChangeQty=0
pls feel free to post any suggestions or comments ty

ahhhh, but anyways the case is the least of my worries. wat comes first is the parts for the rig

does any1 else have any suggestions for a budget gaming rig? would be greatly appreciated

tnx in advance

Edit: i think i have made up my mind and i am 95% sure that i will go with the AMD build dude_56013 posted with a few slight changes, instead of the Sapphire 4870 512mb GPU, replacing it with Sapphire Toxic Raedon or the SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Heatpipe Design for Cooling Efficiency, and instead of the Cooler Master Centurion 5, im going to replace it with the antec 900

http://secure.newegg.ca/WishList/TemporaryWishList.aspx?ChangeQty=0
pls feel free to post any suggestions or comments ty

Wishlist wouldn't work for me. Could you post the parts you will be using. And yes, that card will be better, I just wasn't sure exactly what you wanted to spend. I think you'll be very pleased with that system, and it should last you quite a while. If you need any help at all, just simply let us know. We all (well, most) love this kind of stuff, so we will gladly help :D

CPU - AMD PII X4 955 - $296
MB - Gigabyte 790X - $175 RAM - G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333 - $72
HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB - $115
Optical - Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner - $30
PSU - OCZ 600W StealthxStream - $88
GPU - Sapphire Toxic Raedon - $239.99
Case - Antec 900 - $109

Asus 19"

And a nice keyboard/mouse combo

Edit: just recently clicked on the Sony Optical 24x DvD Burner link you posted and it seems the item has been discontinued, is there any other alternatives?

CPU - AMD PII X4 955 - $296
MB - Gigabyte 790X - $175 RAM - G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333 - $72
HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB - $115
Optical - Sony Optiarc 24x DVD Burner - $30
PSU - OCZ 600W StealthxStream - $88
GPU - Sapphire Toxic Raedon - $239.99
Case - Antec 900 - $109

Asus 19"

And a nice keyboard/mouse combo

Edit: just recently clicked on the Sony Optical 24x DvD Burner link you posted and it seems the item has been discontinued, is there any other alternatives?

Man, I don't know what's going on with NewEgg and their DVD drives..everything is either out of stock or non-existent. You'll have to hang tight on the drive for now, I'll look for one on another site and see what I come up with. BTW, do you think you'll end up CF'ing down the road? If so, the one change I would make would be to get a little bit larger PSU (or you could always wait till you CF too)...I can recommend one if that's the case. The 600W would work because it's quality, but it wouldn't leave much headroom.

BTW, do you think you'll end up CF'ing down the road? If so, the one change I would make would be to get a little bit larger PSU (or you could always wait till you CF too)...I can recommend one if that's the case. The 600W would work because it's quality, but it wouldn't leave much headroom.

what does CF'ing mean?

Back
Top Bottom