It's time for me to buy my 28" monitors!!!

Huh, I use two monitors a 22" Acer V223W 16:9 and a 19" NEC 1940CX 4:3. Most of the time the NEC 19" is off, but I'm still usually remoted into my old 3Ghz Pentium 4 desk top and my Toshiba notebook and occasionally, one or two of my work computers. At work I remote into at least one other computer, sometimes as many as 4 others.

It's interesting how people do things differently. I know sometimes there is a definite need to run two monitors, but I really prefer one big one if I can get away with it. (I can only concentrate on one thing at a time.) But, what is right for me, isn't nessasarily right for someone else.

It's interesting how people do things differently. I know sometimes there is a definite need to run two monitors, but I really prefer one big one if I can get away with it. (I can only concentrate on one thing at a time.) But, what is right for me, isn't nessasarily right for someone else.

I've always felt the Windows operating environment was very cramped. I could never multitask with one monitor. After transitioning to Mac OS, I was honestly impressed at how well everything operated simultaneously. I could view all my programs at a flick of a mouse. That was never the case with Windows XP Professional.

I hope you know what you're getting with these monitors. There will be trade offs with the discounted price. If you truly want a monstrous monitor, take a look at the Apple Cinema Display. Truly breathtaking in person.

Yeah. there is a new apple store near my house. It looks amazing, but I can't afford that. Plus 16ms is terrible. I played CoD5 at the apple store, and the ghosting is pretty bad.

They use these in professional applications all the time.

Well, I'm 15, so I don't really need them for professional applications. I just want to pwn in Gears of War. :D

I've always felt the Windows operating environment was very cramped. I could never multitask with one monitor. After transitioning to Mac OS, I was honestly impressed at how well everything operated simultaneously. I could view all my programs at a flick of a mouse. That was never the case with Windows XP Professional.

My nephew uses a Mac, I have to agree the Mac version of the alt-tab is very nice. Win 7 has improved upon "program switching" over XP.

Well, I'm 15, so I don't really need them for professional applications. I just want to pwn in Gears of War. :D

I can see it now, Gears of War on one, and TV on the other...tell me I'm wrong! :D

Plus 16ms is terrible.

Don't base your purchase on that specification. Unlike most other monitors on the market, that specification isn't falsified or manipulated. Add to the fact that it uses a high quality panel which is capable of better viewing angles, and better color accuracy.

I use both and Linux. I am usually a big Mac fan, but I have to say, linux has them beat on that one. I always need 2 monitors on windows, andthey need to be big, but honestly, my 9" netbook seems less cramped than my PC with a 15" and a 16". All you need to do to switch workspaces is flick the trackpad with 2 fingers, which is really nice. F10 switches between windows being on top, F11 switches between browser tabs. You can even pull windows from one workspace into another without ever changing the workspace. Mac doesn't have any of that.

I can see it now, Gears of War on one, and TV on the other...tell me I'm wrong! :D

LOL your wrong! Gears of war on one, CoD5 on the other, Halo on my projector :D

All you need to do to switch workspaces is flick the trackpad with 2 fingers, which is really nice. F10 switches between windows being on top, F11 switches between browser tabs. You can even pull windows from one workspace into another without ever changing the workspace. Mac doesn't have any of that.

Mac OS has Spaces, which is exactly what you're describing. I'm still using Mac OS 10.4, so I don't have that feature yet.

If you have leopard...I have tiger. I don't want to spend $129 on the OS for an outdated laptop.

Read the Wikipedia article. The feature has been available since Mac OS 10.3.

Back
Top Bottom