It's time for me to buy my 28" monitors!!!

Here it is. Looked it up from my invoice a few months back.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001244

Ahh okay. A Samsung was worth it then. Before I really got into computers (and thought about checking Newegg for EVERYTHING), I bought my Samsung monitor at Best Buy. It's a 21.5" SyncMaster 216BW. I think I paid like $250 for it or maybe closer to $300. But, anyways, it's been a good monitor. And I do kind of agree with you on the price thing. I don't think I would buy one of those Hanns-Gs or crappier Acer models for $99...you get what you pay for. Anything under 1000:1 contrast ratio, I just bypass.

Ahh okay. A Samsung was worth it then. Before I really got into computers (and thought about checking Newegg for EVERYTHING), I bought my Samsung monitor at Best Buy. It's a 21.5" SyncMaster 216BW. I think I paid like $250 for it or maybe closer to $300. But, anyways, it's been a good monitor. And I do kind of agree with you on the price thing. I don't think I would buy one of those Hanns-Gs or crappier Acer models for $99...you get what you pay for. Anything under 1000:1 contrast ratio, I just bypass.

I have an ASUS that i bought from newegg for $70 a while back, and I have absolutely no problem with it. It's small, so the 1366x768 res. isn't a bother. It was just a temp. because my CRT started emitting a super high pitched squeal that I couldn''t hear, but apparently my dog and my fish could. So I bought it, and it has excellent picture, and the contrast is 2000:1 I think.

I've dealt with hanns g before, but i am unsure of i inc.
Does anyone know of any major differences?
On second thought, I'd go with Hanns.G. The other manufacturer you listed has a pretty shady website.

Anything under 1000:1 contrast ratio, I just bypass.
Hate to break it to you, but those ratings are likely manipulated as well.

huh. I've never seen a samsung that was that expensive. My TV cost less than that (27" CRT though)

The funny thing is how dramatically things changed after I bought my MacBook. Now my setup usually looks like this.

IMG_4191-1.jpg

I have an ASUS that i bought from newegg for $70 a while back, and I have absolutely no problem with it. It's small, so the 1366x768 res. isn't a bother. It was just a temp. because my CRT started emitting a super high pitched squeal that I couldn''t hear, but apparently my dog and my fish could. So I bought it, and it has excellent picture, and the contrast is 2000:1 I think.

Oh, definitely for a temporary situation or for a situation that doesn't need super high quality, cheaper monitors are just fine. Hopefully when I see my next used rig, I'll be able to grab a cheap Acer to throw on my workbench for when I work on computers. I use Photoshop a lot, though, so my actual rig needs a great monitor--which is why I bought my Sammy...not saying you can't get great quality cheap every so often, though.

On second thought, I'd go with Hanns.G. The other manufacturer you listed has a pretty shady website.

Hate to break it to you, but those ratings are likely manipulated as well.

The funny thing is how dramatically things changed after I bought my MacBook. Now my setup usually looks like this.

IMG_4191-1.jpg

LOL only 3?!
My current setup has 2 CRT monitors, 1 LCD monitor, 1 imac G3, and a 20 " CRT TV. On the ground (in storage) I have another 2 CRTs and the Monster 22" CRT that is too big to fit on even my largest drafting table. I also usually have a pile of at least 4-5 laptops sitting behind the LCD.

How big are those monitors? I still haven't been able to get a really good comparison of how big these monitors really are. I just know how big a 27" 4:3 TV is, so i know they are big as ^@#$.

You are right about the i inc website.

The Professional Monitor for Your Daily Usag!

I can't seem to find anything on TigerDirect's dead pixel policy (if any).

I could only find one mention of dead pixels in the I-INC Warranty:
8.Your LCD Monitor contains thousands of individual pixels. These monitors typically contain a small number of pixels that do not function normally. Your display has been inspected and is in compliance with the manufacturer's specifications, indicating that any pixel defects do not effect the operation or use of your monitor.

I have three computers hooked up to those monitors. Two HP desktops, and one Apple notebook. Both of the desktops support dual view, while the notebook supports the monitor you see in the middle. I used to heavily rely on those desktops, so the monitors were bought out of necessity and not necessarily for bragging rights.

How big are those monitors? I still haven't been able to get a really good comparison of how big these monitors really are. I just know how big a 27" 4:3 TV is, so i know they are big as ^@#$.
19 inches, each running at 1440 x 900.

I have three computers hooked up to those monitors. Two HP desktops, and one Apple notebook. Both of the desktops support dual view, while the notebook supports the monitor you see in the middle. I used to heavily rely on those desktops, so the monitors were bought out of necessity and not necessarily for bragging rights.

19 inches, each running at 1440 x 900.

Well, I'm not really buying for bragging rights. I am buying because one is going to double as my TV, and I am also building a new gaming rig, so I want big for that.
OK. maybe a little for bragging rights...:D
The Professional Monitor for Your Daily Usag!

I can't seem to find anything on TigerDirect's dead pixel policy (if any).

I could only find one mention of dead pixels in the I-INC Warranty:

where did that quote come from? It's a little bit scary.

Back
Top Bottom