It's time for me to buy my 28" monitors!!!

foothead

Omnicide now.
OK. I know I have posted with a lot of questions about them, but I am finally going to buy. I know it is overkill, but I am a big fan of overkill.:D I have decided on the 1gb 4850x2 graphics card, so I should be very good in that department, but I still am unsure which to get. The Hanns G is currently $340 on newegg. Tiger has the i inc on sale for $300 with $30 shipping. Does anyone know which one is better? I think they might actully be the same monitor, since those 2 and the viewsonic all have the same res., contrast, size (all 27.5) and they all come with pretty much the same accessories, and look similar. What is Tiger's return policy as far as dead/stuck pixels? I know it is 8 on newegg. If it is less on Tiger, I think I will be gettin the i inc. Also, what would i be charged if I were to RMA because of dead pixels (but not enough for the warranty)?

thanks.;)

I'm surprised to see these types of monitors being offered at this price. I bought my 19" for about $299.99 a few months ago.

I'm surprised to see these types of monitors being offered at this price. I bought my 19" for about $299.99 a few months ago.

Yeah, but I'm sure its a high quality one. These are super budget monitors.
It will stiil be a big upgrade for me though. I currently have a 15" Asus LCD and a 16" generic CRT.

Probably isn't a TN panel like most cheap monitors.

I'm sure it uses a TN panel to be frank with you. I just don't feel comfortable buying a 24" panel for $189.99. It seemed to be in the middle in regards to pricing.

:eek: Where and what!?

On Newegg.com. Not sure of the make and model since I have the logo/stickers covered up with electrical tape.

I'm sure it uses a TN panel to be frank with you. I just don't feel comfortable buying a 24" panel for $189.99. It seemed to be in the middle in regards to pricing.

On Newegg.com. Not sure of the make and model since I have the logo/stickers covered up with electrical tape.

You're probably right, it seems like most monitors under $500 are TN panels.

Wow. Is it like a KDS or something?
I have no clue why KDS monitors cost so much, but they do...they also all seem to be old technology.

Sorry, I don't know a whole lot about LCDs...what is a TN panel?

Here it is. Looked it up from my invoice a few months back.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001244

In regards to foothead, I'm sure you're right regarding the panel manufacture. I don't think you'll be worse off buying one or the other.

http://www.pchardwarehelp.com/guides/lcd-panel-types.php

huh. I've never seen a samsung that was that expensive. My TV cost less than that (27" CRT though)

I've dealt with hanns g before, but i am unsure of i inc.
Does anyone know of any major differences?

Back
Top Bottom