Let Me Google That For You

Jakey Blood

In Runtime
OK so pretty much I saw someone use this on a different forum and I thought it was pretty cool. It's for those people who just cant move there mouse up to the search bar, click, and type, thus wasting our precious time with us giving an answer Example:

Noob:What does LOL stand for?!?!?!11!

You: Wow, someones LAZY

Enjoy!:D

Indeed!

It royally pissed me off in high school when teachers would make you use other sites besides google. And now, look where Google is top dog! Kinda like sweet revenge on all those darn English teachers who made you use more than just Google for research papers. Google = Amazing.

Indeed!

It royally pissed me off in high school when teachers would make you use other sites besides google. And now, look where Google is top dog! Kinda like sweet revenge on all those darn English teachers who made you use more than just Google for research papers. Google = Amazing.

What are you talking about? I don't think any English teacher cares what search engine you use, they just care about the academic creditability of your sources.

Unless you cite google, in which case you are an idiot.

Also, please don't call anything less than 20 pages a research paper. That's an insult to the people that actually have to write research papers.

What are you talking about? I don't think any English teacher cares what search engine you use, they just care about the academic creditability of your sources.

I remember that teachers really encouraged you to use databases almost to the point of it being a requirement, although nobody actually did.

I remember that teachers really encouraged you to use databases almost to the point of it being a requirement, although nobody actually did.

Yeah, databases. His wording however implies that teachers asked to use other search engines.

If I am mistaken, please forgive me.

Yeah, databases. His wording however implies that teachers asked to use other search engines.

I guess his teachers could have, although I don't see why they would though.

Unless you cite google, in which case you are an idiot.

Also, please don't call anything less than 20 pages a research paper. That's an insult to the people that actually have to write research papers.

I just graduated with a 4.024 GPA and have taken college courses for the past 2 years of my high school career. Don't talk to me like I'm some fruit-cake retard. At my school, the English teachers did care what "search engines" we used. They would always say to use Yahoo, Dog Pile, Ask, and other search engines besides Google (this was when Google was taking off and becoming mainstream, so all they knew was the other search engines). I've written enough research papers to know how much they suck. I've also had a few editorials in my local newspaper. I'm a very good writer, and can tell you first hand how much work it is to put a good argument or research paper together.

I didn't specifically say "search engines", and so in using the generic term "other" (sites), I was covering all bases. As cabbs was saying, they tried to push databases as well (which IMHO, if you aren't in college with the vast library resources they have, were a waste of time; people would always find one or two sentences to qualify for having used one :p). But they pushed hardest in the search engine area. Our English teachers weren't that bright, though, so their ignorance didn't surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom