Is anyone here into fishkeeping?

Big tanks are awesome...........much more stable water conditions and you can keep a lot of different (and large) fish.
Please show us some pictures of your tank when you get it setup!

I have 2 aquariums.............here is my 150 gallon tank:

Aquarium.JPG

Wow, I used to be big in to fish keeping with me and my dad

We had a 120 galllon with 3 discus and a pleco. :eek: We got rid of it when my parents both lost their jobs, as it got to expensive to keep buying the frozen blood worms,filters,lightss,etc

Big tanks are awesome...........much more stable water conditions and you can keep a lot of different (and large) fish.
Please show us some pictures of your tank when you get it setup!

I have 2 aquariums.............here is my 150 gallon tank:

Aquarium.JPG

Wow. That looks nice. What all is in there?
I see (i think)
2 pacu
1 angel
2 (maybe bala sharks)

LOL I bet i got all that wrong, but it looks really nice.
I am an Oscar person, though.

Quite a few fish not seen in that picture.............

*3 Red Hook Silver Dollars (had over 8 years - started as dime size, now 6-8+")
*4 Baby Red Hook silver dollars (growing for when the above kick the bucket) :eek:
*3 large Bala Sharks 8" long
*4 Large Anglefish
*10 Black widows
*4 Exotic plecostomus
*2 Gouramis

That's whats cool about fish keeping. Everyone has their own type of setup and fish they want to keep.
One thing about Oscars is their bio-load on the system is huge. Even with the fish I have above I'm well understocked for my size tank and filter system. Nitrates are about 10ppm.
That controller on the side of the stand monitors temp and PH (can also monitor all salt water parameters if running a reef) and turns on the heaters if needed. Also turns lights on/off automatically and has a 10 minute feed timer that shuts off the filter system and then automatically turns it back on. Nice!

That rock in the middle is an Amethyst I bought off of Ebay...........looks awesome with purplish crystals that really show off nice with my Coralife 50/50 bulbs.

My current stock plan is: 1 oscar, 1 texas cichlid, 1 african cichlid, 4 SD's
I have a 1200 L/hr canister, and it will drive an 18g wet/dry sump.
Tomorrow, I will post a pic of my 55 with my GT, yello lab, bumblebee, and danio, but I am too tired right now.

Back
Top Bottom