BIOS flash

ndatoxicity

Daemon Poster
hey everyone...picking out parts for my build... ive decided to go with the really new phenom II x2 @3.1ghz stock. It has been a bit of trouble trying to find a mobo that is compatible with it. but i went to gigabyte's website...and they said that it WILL work with that cpu, but it needs a bios update. I've downloaded the bios update...but i need to get a quick lesson in how to flash. do i put onto cd and boot into it or what?

here is the motherboard and cpu

GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz

also, how will the computer start without a cpu that is compatible with the board?

thanks for all your guys help... will order parts next week for this baby =]

I have that same board and you can just use the bios flash tool. Mine booted with my 955 even though it wasn't supported at the time all it did was run it with a reduced clock but still allowed me to boot. The Driver CD that comes with it has a bios flash tool that will go online and get the newest BIOS for it and flash it for ya. If you have your Bios on a flash drive when the splash screen comes up just hit the button for Q-Flash or you can get to it from the bios as well I think its F8 in there. and then go to the boot from drive and then select the flash drive. It basically does the rest for ya.

its f4

so just plug in my flash and run the exe after i have the driver disk installed..what?

also, everything works with w7 right

Back
Top Bottom