I hate Intel with a ******* passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll stick with my AMD 64 3000+ For a while now. If i buy something now, it'll be outdated tomorrow... Just like my current processor!

You think your Q6700 is old? Haha, The Q6700 came out April 2007. The 3000+... December 2K3 :D

LOL I hate intel too. I hear that intel hasn't even finished with this thing. Sorry intel, AMD beat you to it. Just deal with it. Don't promise things that aren't even done yet. It will just piss people off.

So the i7 is going away. Sorry intel fans, but I am not a fan of the i7. It is nice, but it seems to be very overpriced except for the 2.66 model. I think the phenom 2 is a much better choice unless you need extreme CPU power.

Also, I still hear rumors that the 6 core opteron is mostly a test so AMD can debug its promised 16-core CPU that was originally supposed to be released this year, but is probably not going to be released until mid-2010.
Top that, intel...

here is a link to the original testing of it.
http://techreport.com/articles.x/16448

It is already listed on AMD's site.
http://sites.amd.com/us/atwork/promo/Pages/six-core-opteron.aspx

lol i remember a long time ago saying that intel will most likley change the socket after the i7 and a lot of people in this room doubted me. I love that smell of glory lol :)

Linky or it didn't happen.

um, no, they are less than $300, where are you getting $700 from...?

I think he's getting at THIS load of BS. Which is more of a load of BS, IMHO, than the fact that they are phasing them out. Even though no one in their right mind would buy one, it's still ridiculous.

Lol wow... Complaining that Intel is changing sockets? AMD did that how many times in the last ten years? Seriously. The 775 was out for what, five years? it's about time it reached it's end of life. New things get made and require new setups.

Also remember with the AM3 chips for AMD were not supposed to be backwards compatible? Everyone was pissed at AMD then and now look at you. It's all the same crap new day.

In the end, I still love intel. They are solid CPU's and deliver great performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom