Black Light

Yeah they don't light up the whole case but I think it looks better not totally lit up. I have some in my case along with UV reactive Cable sleeves on my PSU and some boards and GPU's also react to the light too...:D:D You can also get Fans with UV cathodes as well so you don't have to have only the cold cathode tubes

This was my old Mobo setup with only 2 UV cathodes.
100_1141.jpg

Yeah they don't light up the whole case but I think it looks better not totally lit up. I have some in my case along with UV reactive Cable sleeves on my PSU and some boards and GPU's also react to the light too...:D:D You can also get Fans with UV cathodes as well so you don't have to have only the cold cathode tubes

This was my old Mobo setup with only 2 UV cathodes.
100_1141.jpg

That is sexy. You said in the cases thread that yours are behind the Dirk Tooth bar right? I'm totally considering doing that, because that just looks killer. It'd also work much better than my current setup. In fact, I might get some of that peel and stick temporary mirror stuff, slap in on the back of that bar, then install them. :D Seeing is believing, and that just looks sweet.

Can I ask why your RAM is different channels? Don't your slots go A-B-A-B? So yours would be running in single channel...? Or does it go by color? Just wondering...I guess every MB is different. Knowing you, I'm sure they are in right...

Yeah they are behind the bar. I just used some of that velcro that has glue on the other side to stick em there and the power box thing. But I cut the PCI slot control off and modded a switch on the front of my case in one of the Optical drive slots.

100_1139.jpg

100_1123.jpg

Yeah they are behind the bar. I just used some of that velcro that has glue on the other side to stick em there and the power box thing. But I cut the PCI slot control off and modded a switch on the front of my case in one of the Optical drive slots.

100_1139.jpg

100_1123.jpg

LMAO, we think so much a like. I also modded mine to a front optical drive bay cover. I used the stock switch though; it was small and discrete.
69oyur.jpg

LOL that is HILARIOUS. I just didn't see a point in having the switch all the way in the back of the case since mine is under my desk. I was thinking about doing it that way as well but I had one of these switches hanging around cuz I used to use it as a toggle switch for my Car stereo in my boom boom bass days...LOL

do yall got any other ideas for case accessories? um a bit new to the whole custom case dealio. the only thing about my 1200 that iv done is to put a red led fan, ya ik....kinda not fitting with blue lights, and a side pannel clear case fan with blue led's.

i might just put a little household black light in there to give it more light, lol.

would green cathodes go ok with blue fans?
an this sound activated thing, that just means when something loud happens, explosions, it just pulses?

would green cathodes go ok with blue fans?
an this sound activated thing, that just means when something loud happens, explosions, it just pulses?
Green and blue make for a nice combo.

If you have a subwoofer sitting next to your case, the sound activated lights will flash to the sounds coming from the speaker.

Im not really a big fan of mixing colored LED's but you may like it. I have all Green LED's in mine now and to be honest for the black lights to even stand out your either going to need quite a few of those cathodes or to go with the more powerfull house one. But that one might also make it too bright though. It is all about trial and error and personal preference really. Also if you going with black lights you might want to check out some sleeving kits for your wires. Well unless they are all hidden very Well. they also make Molex connectors in UV reactive colors as well which are pretty cool. But if you do decide to get those make sure you have the tools to get the wires out of the connectors and make sure you put them back in right. My brother saw mine and decided to do His case like that and screwed up a bunch of the pins and also had some of the wires in the wrong slots. Needless to say I had to spend quite some time fixing it for him but it looks good now. And with the sleeving kits make sure you take your time and have a razor blade and some sharp scissors handy. And also use small peices of heatshrink since a lot of the kits don't really come with a whole lot of it.

Back
Top Bottom