Whats going on?

wizard12

Baseband Member
I recently got a used computer but there is a problem with it. I can get the computer to turn on and turn off but when i turn it off the computer it will just turn on again with no action from me. I cannot get it to stay off unless i unplug the electric jack. I believe it is a problem with the power supply but i am not totally sure. Can someone clarify if that is the problem?

Sounds like a good place to start that and to check and make sure the switch is plugged in right to the motherboard.

I think your computer might be haunted... (Check for sticky power buttons and clear electrical connections.)

Sounds like a good place to start that and to check and make sure the switch is plugged in right to the motherboard.

X2. If it's used, the person may have hooked the front case switches up to the MB incorrectly. Could be shutting down, and then re-shorting itself to power back up right away.

Might be overheating actually. Doesn't sound like it though. Might wanna check for that too while you're at it though ;-)

But I would first check the pins on the motherboard, then the powersupply.

Back
Top Bottom