Laptop Freezing...

swt458

Beta member
Hello All,

My 'Compaq'; 'Evo N1050v' laptop keeps freezing...

A few weeks back, it got to a stage where I would turn it on and the minute i logged in, it would all freeze up. When I say freeze, I mean NOTHING happens. The mouse wont move, CTRL/ALT/DEL won't work.. nothing.

Today I tried using it again, and got about 40mins out of it before it froze. I then restarted it (using the power button, as opposed to through windows obv. as it was frozen) and got 30mins out of it. After which, again I restarted and got about 10mins. I then turned it off and have sought assistance here!

I *suspect* it is overheating. The fan does certainly seem to be going constantly, but I have no idea how to even attempt to fix this. Of course, I may be wrong.

I don't know how to get all the technical information up, so I can't give motherboard / harddrive details etc.

I can't download anything on to it obviously, as half way through it freezes!

Thanks!

Edit:
It is operating on Microsoft Windows XP

Unscrew the bottom plastic and dust the air out. Or, take a can of compressed air and run it through the vents.

I would definitely open it. If you don't open it and spray the air, it will just push the dust further into it, worsening the problem.

thanks guys, will have a go...
does it definitely sound like overheating though ?

I'd hate to open it up and find there's no / little dust at all, and that something else is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom