S-Video to Component on my Graphics Card

Equinox1354

In Runtime
hey
whenever i plug a s-video to component converter into my graphics card, then into my HDTV

(Computer>Graphics Card>S-Video to Component>Component cables>HDTV)

it just produces a black and white screen then it moves the picture down and transfers to the top.

Any help is always appreciated! :D

I don't think you can convert S-Video to component video. You're probably just satisfying luminance signal and not the chroma, which is what S-Video is trying to transfer in two different signals.

What are you trying to do with this setup? S-Video is not high definition. You're better off connecting S-Video directly to your television. If you want a high definition alternative, you can try the VGA output.

In regards to the artifacts on your screen, try running the notebook on the battery alone.

Incorrect, 01001010. You /can/ Use a S-video to component splitter as I was just doing that when I made that post :) It outputs in 1080i component signal. While stock S-video outputs 480i - which is completely unable to be deciphered on screen. You need to make sure that your graphics card can handle the output of 1080i. If the card isn't powerful enough, it probably won't do it.

Incorrect, 01001010. You /can/ Use a S-video to component splitter as I was just doing that when I made that post :) It outputs in 1080i component signal. While stock S-video outputs 480i - which is completely unable to be deciphered on screen. You need to make sure that your graphics card can handle the output of 1080i. If the card isn't powerful enough, it probably won't do it.

You're referring to the VIVO port, not the S-Video port. S-Video in itself is not capable of carrying high definition content. If it is, it's not S-Video.

Back
Top Bottom