Beta testers needed - Expressfreelance.com

Also, have you considered making the customers of the coders, and not the coders themselves pay? They could pay X amount per month in order to view the contact details of the coders...

Pages loaded right in for me.
Some of the time the pages loaded fine for me... But for some it took some time. Meh, I can live with it ^_^

Oh. And I know you are going to have ads. So I would put a space somewhere with a white background that is a spot for ads.

Since you don't have any yet just put something like.. "Want to advertise with us? click here!".
Will do. Thanks

It's clean and simple. Easy to navigate. No extrenious bs.
I would make the logo header look more professional though.
I signed up to get a peek inside. Looking good.
Thanks for the positive comments Setishock, wanted to keep it simple
IMO, The logo is too similar to ScriptLance.com.

Also, The footer background colour contrasts too much with the rest of the site.

This is a small thing, but could have installed drupal directly in public_html, and not in a sub-directory.

Another small thing is that it doesnt seem to be very quick at loading... It took about 15-20 seconds for me to load a blog entry.
Hadn't seen scriptlance before, i'll look at a remodel.
The colouring is going to be fiddled with soon, as the above posts mention briefly
The site is all set up to run out of that subdirectory, might be a thought for the future, but i don't know.
I'm moving to some faster hosting space soon, but i've not had any huge issues with speed so far

Also, have you considered making the customers of the coders, and not the coders themselves pay? They could pay X amount per month in order to view the contact details of the coders.
The business model of coders paying to get work is a pretty well established one. If i get a huge bunch of coders on board (because it free to be a coder)
then i ave a bunch of coders with no work to do. If i do it this way, i have huge lists of work building up which attract coders to sign up and the money comes there in.

Tagline suggestion:

Have Computer, Will Code

Sort of like the old Paladin gun slinger TV series. His card read: Have Gun, Will Travel.

Tagline suggestion:

Have Computer, Will Code

Sort of like the old Paladin gun slinger TV series. His card read: Have Gun, Will Travel.

Ok I googled "Have Computer, Will Code" and "Have fun, will travel".

I still don't understand what exactly you mean.

A tag line is what people will remember you by. A catchy phrase that makes people think of you or your business/website.
Take my anime site for example.
The tag lines reads: Welcome To Our World.
Another one that points to my irreverent captioning of anime pictures reads:
Home of Seti's World
A tongue in cheek look at anime.

I load those up in my sig and on reminders I give to friends and guests. People remember the tag line and go have a look at the site. You'd be surprised how well it works.

A tag line is what people will remember you by. A catchy phrase that makes people think of you or your business/website.
Take my anime site for example.
The tag lines reads: Welcome To Our World.
Another one that points to my irreverent captioning of anime pictures reads:
Home of Seti's World
A tongue in cheek look at anime.

I load those up in my sig and on reminders I give to friends and guests. People remember the tag line and go have a look at the site. You'd be surprised how well it works.

ohhh gotcha! Like myspace "A place for friends" or walmart "save money live better".

So at the mo i'm looking at some minor restyling and maybe a tag line reshuffle. Has anyone else got any more feedback and have any technical problems popped up?
Meanwhile those who have signed up as coders will be getting a free lifetime subscription as subscribed coders for free. As will anyone else who signs up during the beta period

selveral ideas from muz not sure if you already have these implemented but could be a few things to consider and maybe implement
1) Allow maybe multiple coders to colaberate on one job so for instance say there is a big job and the buyer wants it doing quickly then maybe they could allow for multiple coders to share the workload and the cash . Or say the job requires multiple skill areas allow different coders with different skill areas to sign up
2) Allow coders to also make advertisments for jobs to so say a coder in one skill area requires the services of a freelance in another area to either complete a job or for something else the coder might also need to make job postings
3) I dont know if you have allowed for some form of dispute resoloution however what are you going to do if a coder has spend countless hours on a job but the buyer is not satisfied the coder will be pissed that they arent getting paid for there work but the buyer will not be willing to pay out what are you going to do to handle those situation ? I would advise getting either a single person or a group of independant people to deal solely with dispute resoloution who will decide if the work is up to scratch and if anything how much the coders hould be paid

whilst that may not be an issue now as the site gets bigger it could pose as a possible suggestion
4) as a possible method of raising more revenue allow buyers to have their ads made more prominent for a small fee

5)maybe add an upload service as well so that coders can upload work and keep a backup of work in progress in case of any hardware problems at their end , and to allow for the transfer of data between buyers and coders
6)This might be a bit of an idea for the future more than anything but maybe adding a portal so that once coders and buyers have agreed that they will do business they have a portal to use to communicate each other . And the coder could maybe use a diary/calender on the wall to record to the client when they will be working and so deadlines can be seen by both buyer and coder . This so called "portal" idea would go along way to helping make your site unique for freelancers and IMO make them more inclined to use the service and pay the monthly subscription as they could have a coders portal with a list of all current jobs and a calender with dates of upcoming deadlines and then go into seperate portals with details specific to each job
Plus it would mean all business could be done via your website making the job of dealing with any disputes easier as all communications could be recorded to aid in solving disputes

So at the mo i'm looking at some minor restyling and maybe a tag line reshuffle. Has anyone else got any more feedback and have any technical problems popped up?
Meanwhile those who have signed up as coders will be getting a free lifetime subscription as subscribed coders for free. As will anyone else who signs up during the beta period

Consider yourself taken advantage of:D :p

Haha

@muz: thanks for your extensive input, when i get on my pc, i'll feedback to you

Back
Top Bottom