Anyone ever had to have a TV (or other electronic item) repaired?

dude_56013

Fully Optimized
So today I finally called Samsung about my TV woes. It's my parent's 42" plasma (720p) and it has this nasty plasma bleed (easiest way to describe it; red tint on the entire right 4" inches of the screen). It's VERY evident in dark scenes in movies, etc (and in regular viewing), and even when the TV is booting up and no video is on the screen (so I know it's not a cable problem; have tried 10's of different cables....blah). So anyways, their service center was nice, and someone is supposed to call within 2 business days (so by friday) to schedule the repair time when they are supposed to come look at. IMHO, they won't be able to repair it..it'll be an exchange. So, I'm just wondering how many of you have ever had to deal with this. Generally, I screen my products well, so this is my first major "dud" of any electronic product (other than my POS Dell I bought in 7th grade...epic fail on that one :p)....hopefully it's just a fluke since I really love Samsung...and I understand that something can go wrong with even the best brands.

I usually just buy a brand new one. Unless it cost a lot, then i just say screw it, and do something else.

I usually just buy a brand new one. Unless it cost a lot, then i just say screw it, and do something else.

LMAO. It was a $900 TV. I don't have that kind of money to throw around. It IS under warranty, which means it gets repaired for free.

Well, yes, if it's under warrenty, then by all means get it repaired. Every time my stuff breaks, the warranty seems to have just recently expired...*sigh*

Well, yes, if it's under warrenty, then by all means get it repaired. Every time my stuff breaks, the warranty seems to have just recently expired...*sigh*

I know. It's one month away from being out of warranty which is why I'm doing it. Bah.

I have repaired a broken bulb and a power inverter problem before. Not much to do about a screen tear.

Back
Top Bottom