red ring of death

esa193

Fully Optimized
just wondering who hear has had the red ring of death?
ive had it once my self but got a new xbox from the big M
and ive fixed 2 of them for other people

Still haven't gotten one yet. That's why I waited for the Falcon revision before I bought my 360.

Had my 360 for over a year (I think), and it still works like a charm. I got the Falcon, I think it was the only one that was out when my friend, brother and I decided to get one.

I had one of the original ones from when they first were released and actually just sold it a few months ago because I never played it anymore. I never got the RROD on it though...:D:D:D

It's normally an over heating problem. The heat builds up and in some instances soldering joints can become loose, or detempered causing the joins to split, these leads to a general hardware failure, which the 360 self diagnoses and shows using the infamous red ring of death.

I have never had it, i've had my xbox fail but in a different way. All of my mates who have had it, and i, simply got a new one sent via UPS direct to the door. MS support is actually really helpful here.

It's normally an over heating problem. The heat builds up and in some instances soldering joints can become loose, or detempered causing the joins to split, these leads to a general hardware failure, which the 360 self diagnoses and shows using the infamous red ring of death.

I have never had it, i've had my xbox fail but in a different way. All of my mates who have had it, and i, simply got a new one sent via UPS direct to the door. MS support is actually really helpful here.

Oh.. Well that explains it. My room is always cold. I keep it cold because my computers fans will kick into high if it gets to warm. I also have the fan thing for the back of the Xbox 360.
Ha.. Now that I look.. My ps3 and xbox actually are right under my AC.

My room gets hot once in awhile, and it ran like always.

I think most people that gets the RROD are usually people that puts them in an unventilated place where it can get overheated quickly, or non 360 fanboys trying to make the system look bad.

When the systems are built to run fine for long times without overheating provided they are given proper ventilation room. A bloody big AC unit would help as well. :p

Back
Top Bottom