Gallery: Cases

Nice Culexor. I have a few suggestions for cable management. You already know about the SATA cables.

CIMG0551-1.png

@Russel: Nice. My dad's is sitting in the attic lol.
Yeah, I've changed it since I took those pics. I didn't notice the little slot for the power button, etc. until afterward. The fan needs to be turned around anyways because I forgot that it was meant to be an intake fan but I took the air duct off, so now its just pulling cool air in from the back (I'm going to make it an exhaust fan. I also moved the speaker behind the 5.25" drive cage. I can't do much about the SATA cables until I get my new, longer ones (should be here on friday). I'll post more pics later with the rerouted cables, etc. I have to get out of my house for a bit because it's being shown in like a half hour.

Okay, so I re-did the fan, took out the first hard drive cage (I'm still debating over whether I should keep it in there or not), zip-tied the power led, etc. wires and the temperature probe (I just stuck it to the back of the motherboard tray in the general area of the cpu....I just didn't want to see ---C on the front of my case). My only concern (it just looks ugly) is the massive amount of extra cables coming out of the psu that are just sitting on top of it in a big clump. They don't affect the performance or anything, it just looks hideous. But I guess it really doesn't matter because you can't see that part through the 'window' (mesh, really). Anyways, here's what it looks like now:
CIMG0599.png

Cabbs, about the 4-pin power connector...I tried doing what you said, but since I need an adapter (8 pin to 4 pin), it shows when you have the cable routed through the slot you recommended. I decided to stick to the way I have it, just so you don't see the big ugly connector (although you can see it in the picture a bit.....it was just sticking up but I was able to tuck it away after I noticed it).

Who don't you try routing the SATA cables behind the motherboard?
Not long enough, I have longer ones coming. There also is nowhere for the cables to go if I mount it behind the motherboard, as there are no cable management or hs/f holes in the motherboard tray. I will probably do what Cabbs did and route them through the same hole that the power button, etc. wires are going through.

If you're feeling rather DIY-ish, you can always cut your own holes. It's only aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom