Monitors

Grantofhell

Fully Optimized
The time is almost here - Monitor upgrade time. I was really interested in the idea of a Mitsu RPDLTV but 2000 dollars is just out of my price range. Plus, it would be a PITA to find a place to mount it. Excuse me, a PITFA! So I was looking for monitors in the 20 inch range to replace my 19. I want to try and get a 25 or a 26. But I'm very new to the monitor markets. I've only ever used HP monitors and I want to hear the peoples' opinion on what to get. I heard Acer was a good company and so is Hanns-G. Please keep flaming and fighting to a minimum. You guys are so pugnacious around here :p

I'm not worried about free shipping or anything. I buy from TD. So I'm just looking at models. I get 1.99 shipping to anywhere from TD if the order is $100+ and less than 20Lbs. I will be buying the monitor in junction with my new parts so I'll be paying for full shipping either way. 23" is still a bit too small. I want to get a pretty large monitor if I'm spending this kind of money.

. I want to get a pretty large monitor if I'm spending this kind of money.

175 for a 23" 1080p monitor? Thats not really going to buy you much better of a monitor but hey if you want a big one from tiger direct you dont have much to chose from. There is only 6 monitors 25" or bigger.

Out of the 6 I would personally get this one...Samsung 1920 x 1200, 1000:1, 5ms

But you really could get a better monitor than the ones they have to offer at TD

I am going to be gettin 2 of the 28" hanns g monitors. I have done a ton of research on them, and they are such a good deal that I decided to get 2 of them for the most beastly dual monitor setup ever. Anyway, they seem to be very good, and they get good review, but for $350, it is a STEAL. They only have HDMI and D-sub inputs, but they come with a DVI to HDMI adapter.

If you live close to a Best Buy they're having a scratch and dent sale. I found a 46" for under 7 big ones. My 32" Toshiba has a sister model that's now under 4 bills. The Sunday paper fliers is gonna be your best bet for a big screen for peanuts.

I just looked at tiger and they don't have them, but Asus makes some really beautiful monitors. Even the 21.5 inch that I have blows me away.

Whatever you do, just get something with a decent resolution. A 37" running at 1920x1200 isn't going to look very good. Try running 1024x768 on a 24" and you'll see what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom