Stupid Old PC

noobbuilder2000

In Runtime
Ok see i was talking about installing linux but then went to u ubunto. I burned it to a disk and i put it in and attempted to go from boot menu but its not working i dont know why its a pretty old pc. Its one of those server pc's. Pentium 4 512 40 Gb of memory. I check all the wiring it looks good. I was thinking that the disk reader doesn't work or dosnt support DVD R or is broken or somthin. . So now i dont know what to do because all my Disk readers use different connectors. Any suggestion on what might be the problem.

check the disk reader. What program did you use to burn the ISO?
If it doesn't support DVD, go to eeebuntu.com and I think they have a program that converts an ISO into an IMG and then makes it bootable on a flash drive. As long as it supports some form of USB boot in the bios.
If neither, I would try to borrow a DVD drive, or just use the CD image of ubuntu.
However if you want my opinion, Ubuntu is very over-rated, and I would go with debian. IMO, ubuntu is pretty much debian with a few different programs added, and LiveCD support. Debian is a lot more stable, and should run faster than ubuntu, andd with less bugs. Plus, on an old system, it will be a lot less intensive.

i used Nero

theirs another option that says iso boot or somthing like that iam try that today

Well i got it to wrok thanks i just used a cd rom instead

Back
Top Bottom