RAM timings

pepzsoduh

In Runtime
i was thinking about getting this RAM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227293
but a lot of the reviews said you had to adjust the timings in order to get the advertised ones. I'm kind of a noob so if anyone could give me instructions on what specificlyto adjust and to what settings that would be great.

Thanks

P.S. this is for a new build so i dont know what BIOS i'll get yet (it dosent tell you in the motherboard specifications)

That's some good stuff. . .

You may have to manually set the correct timings in the BIOS. It really not that big of a deal. The motherboard manual will describe how to adjust the timings and where they are located in the BIOS.

I typically do not recommend over-clocking to the novice builder. It will void the warranty in a lot of cases, so be sure to check on that. I would also recommend not starting a computer build from a memory module. What kind of computer are you building? Home-entertainment? Gaming? Sound-reproduction? Business? Are you going to use RAID? These types of questions will help you choose the motherboard, processor, hard drives, and remaining hardware components.

Thanks, Atomic! Nice looking system ;) Well, if it's over-clocking or bust, Atomic already has you on track.

Back
Top Bottom