Bottlenecking..

Spec

Fully Optimized
Well will my computer bottleneck this card? Im thinking about getting a gtx 280 or a 295..i have a q6600 and a Intel mini-atx motherboard with 4 gigs of ram...

Yes it will. Basically any processor, without it being overclocked, will bottle neck a card of that high of performance.

You will basically get the same performance as you would with a core 216

I really don't think it will be much, if any of a bottleneck. The Q6600 is a great performing chip. Many of the reviews I've seen use a Core 2 Quad in their tests.

If he is running it at stock speeds, and is running games that don't utilize all 4 cores, it would bottleneck, wouldn't it?

I bet my Pentium D @ 3.2 GHZ bottlenecks my 8600gt lol

Wow, your right, that did make a HUGE difference. Just that .4ghz mark... you know? maybe not huge, but noticeable. Hmm. So im thinking about buying a new motherboard then also. Any recomendations? Current compy is in my sig, all parts would need to fit that mobo.

or...

id most likely want to do this since i have one laying around..and stock it got better fps either way..
I happen to have this laying around

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103280&Tpk=AMD%20phenom%209850

motherboard AND case recomendation?

okay and now to the nit picky..for my system...gtx 275 or 280..i mean there is a 140gb bandwith vs 170...and some nitpicky stuff but which is going to be better?

Back
Top Bottom