North Korea

If China and North Korea are actually allies, then China will most likely not do anything. What's wrong with North Korea having nukes? doesn't America have enough nukes to destroy Earth multiple times?
The reason I heard why America is against it was because North Korea is a small country, and America doesn't want a small country to have nukes.

This is the whole thing. It has been said that if China doesn't get involved that the US should do nothing. But that is where the problem lies. The govt officials in this country don't think before speaking and are very ignorant in many matters. The govt sticks their foot in their mouth more often than not and needs to let the other countries be and do how they please. This country was founded on separation from the norm and wanting to do our things our way. Now that the country got to where they wanted they now see it their place to tell everyone else what to do and how to live. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me. We got or freedom from dependence on other countries and began our own country on the basis of freedom and or own govt policies. Now the govt owns us, we no longer own the govt. The govt dictates what we as people do now and the vast majority of the citizens are too worried about their own lives now and no longer get involved in govt affairs which is causing this enormous failure of the US now. Sure we are still one of the world powers and sure we are still a super power miliary wise but how long can this last. With the deficit we are in now if things don't change we are not going to be able to sustain our power.

People need to do something to change all of this but I really doubt that is going to happen. People are electing officials (if they even vote) with no research. Think about it for a minute, when you go in to vote for a president how much do you really know about the other officials elected on that same ballot? Many people just either vote str8 party or just GUESS on the rest. This paired with the lack of voting on local and state government officials is causing this countries downfall. Another thing contributing to this is the fact that politicians don't give a crap about the long term anymore. They instead are worried about getting reelected and worried about their own careers and not the long term benefit of the country.

I believe that in order to keep on intervening in other countries affairs we need to first get our own ducks in a row and stop trying to promote world democracy. If we don't take care of our own people and worry about our own problems and deficits what makes us any better than any other country? We need to butt out of everyone else's problems and deal with our own first or all this crap will ultimately result in Americas downfall.

Since 2002 we have spent over a TRILLION dollars on this war on terrorism and its FAR from over. If we had put that money into our own economy instead of someone else's we would be a hell of a lot better off than we are now. We have spent more on the supposed "worldwide war on terrorism" than all the other countries contributing COMBINED. I personally am sick of funding through my tax dollars someone else's problems when we have tons of problems of our own that could be fixed first. I am sorry but if it comes to me eating or some homeless guy on the street guess who eats. Its time for our country to start having the same mentality IMO.

The hard part with this is responsibility. Alot of these countries want to die and go to heaven so they can have their virgins. I don't think they're responsible to have nukes, but at the same time, Who are we to say they can't when we were the first to drop one on Hiroshima....We need to stop being the police of the world and mind our own damn business.

Then again, What difference does it make? If there is another war that goes Nuclear, It will be the last. Well launch ours, they'll launch theirs, our allies, theirs, etc. It's game over for everyone.

Did you see the movie pearl harbor? :rolleyes:

I think putting that event and N. Korea side by side.. Is just ridiculous..
by all means I believe we should keep our nose out of places they don't belong.. But I think as do most people.. We should know what other countries are doing. I mean it's one thing to find out a bomb is coming at you.. It's another to find out an A bomb is.

In the event of an A-Bomb traveling in your general direction, please put head between legs and kiss your arse goodbye.

I think putting that event and N. Korea side by side.. Is just ridiculous..
by all means I believe we should keep our nose out of places they don't belong.. But I think as do most people.. We should know what other countries are doing. I mean it's one thing to find out a bomb is coming at you.. It's another to find out an A bomb is.

In the event of an A-Bomb traveling in your general direction, please put head between legs and kiss your arse goodbye.

That was merely addressing the responsibility with nukes. :rolleyes:

Nuclear weapons are not good any which way you look at it, Noone wins.

That was merely addressing the responsibility with nukes. :rolleyes:

Nuclear weapons are not good any which way you look at it, Noone wins.
Ah mmk. Yeah we go back and apologize years later anyway.. Then we hear about the radiation poisoning.. *sigh* Damn Manhattan project..

Whoa dude big difference there though isnt there
Pearl Harbour - an attack on an american military installation
Hiroshima and Nagasaki- nuclear attacks on two cities which would be civillian targets

Personally here i think if china the major superpower in the area cant get north Korea to listen to them then what hopes do you think the usa has

Whoa dude big difference there though isnt there
Pearl Harbour - an attack on an american military installation
Hiroshima and Nagasaki- nuclear attacks on two cities which would be civillian targets

Personally here i think if china the major superpower in the area cant get north Korea to listen to them then what hopes do you think the usa has

It may be a "military installation". But these men and women were home, most hung over from the night before. They were at the time of the attack, civilians.

It may be a "military installation". But these men and women were home, most hung over from the night before. They were at the time of the attack, civilians.

But tactically the japanese where attacking what they thought where men and women of the military and so on or off duty they where military personel whereas tactically the attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki where cities and the intention was to cause as much damage as possible in densly populated cities and kill as many civilians as possible .

Im not saying the lives of military personel are worth less than civillians but tactically attacking a military installation is different to attacking a city . And when we are talking about it the targets of Hiroshima and Nagasaki where chosen because they where large urban areas of more than 3 miles so that the damage caused by the unknown bomb could be assessed .
Surely planning to cause as much damage as possible in a densly poulated city is much worse than an attack on a military installation

But tactically the japanese where attacking what they thought where men and women of the military and so on or off duty they where military personel whereas tactically the attack on Hiroshima and Nagasaki where cities and the intention was to cause as much damage as possible in densly populated cities and kill as many civilians as possible .

Im not saying the lives of military personel are worth less than civillians but tactically attacking a military installation is different to attacking a city . And when we are talking about it the targets of Hiroshima and Nagasaki where chosen because they where large urban areas of more than 3 miles so that the damage caused by the unknown bomb could be assessed .
Surely planning to cause as much damage as possible in a densly poulated city is much worse than an attack on a military installation

I get what you are saying. But.. You also have to remember how ruthless the attack was. The Americans wanted to stay out of the war. Yet the japs attacked, with out reason to. In my opinion if you are going to make such a heartless attack. You deserve to loose some of your people.
Not saying the people deserve to die, I'm saying the government deserved to loose some people. Difference.

pearl harbour was a military base, you don't get to save you;re civillian cause you're still to pissed from the night before to perform your duties, if you're in the service and you're on a base, then you;re military.

the nuke that finally ended the battle of the pacific, was arguably the quickest way to end the war with the most casualties, given the strict terms of surrender.
(in fact Japan had agreed to surrender before the bomb was dropped, with the eception of the stipulation that their roal family should be dissolved, to a fiercly loyalist nation with such a great royal dynesty as Japan this couldn't be agreed to,
(and in the end america changed their mind and decided this wasn't really necessary).
anyway... before the bomb was dropped leaflets were dropped, (days in advance) warning citizens to evacuate, and most people did evacuate. you can't blame the military for the ones that stayed.

all of that said pearl harbour was a direct attack on america, so obviously a response was due.

with regards ww2 what I would say is that if America decided that sitting on it's hands for a few years whilst Nazi forces occupied western, and eastern europe and beyond, in a war that stretched from well all over the world, australia to russia - europe and africa, then I'm sure you can ignore some crazy dictator playing around trying to make bombs for a little while.

and I can't remember who said it, but the deal with Nkorea isn't that america just likes being one of the only nuclear powers,
the situation is troubling becuase N korea has publically said that they are not bond by a 40 year old peace treaty, effectivly declaring war on south korea, even if it is only a political war.

Back
Top Bottom